Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Anyone here tried Arc Browser? I just switched to it from Brave Browser. Its free, and pretty cool. I didn't think I could like a browser this much, and no I'm not a paid representative.

version

And this

A good time to be reading Burroughs again.

Shut the whole thing right off — Silence — When you answer the machine you provide it with more recordings to be played back to your “enemies” keep the whole nova machine running — The Chinese character for “enemy” means to be similar to or to answer — Don’t answer the machine — Shut if off —

sufi

lala
Yeah, it's become boring and unhelpful. Everything's more irritating to use, less informative, more repetitive. I actually find it difficult to get pulled into one of those scrolling or browsing loops because of just how dull it's become.
I dunno if this all can really be said to be deliberate though,
I mean fucking up the whole internet was not the objective, just a side effect of trying to monopolise it

version

A good time to be reading Burroughs again.

Shut the whole thing right off — Silence — When you answer the machine you provide it with more recordings to be played back to your “enemies” keep the whole nova machine running — The Chinese character for “enemy” means to be similar to or to answer — Don’t answer the machine — Shut if off —

There are phrases in that article that even sound like him. Just cut them out and stick them together.

ceaseless churn of the language models - ongoing planetary spam event - “Don’t believe anything you read”

version

Someone here must be able to come up with a better term than 'Textpocalypse'. We need something with a bit more of a ring to it, a bit more weight; 'Word Flood'; 'The Language Bomb'; 'Textinction Event' rolls off the tongue but it's cheesy.

version

Anyone here tried Arc Browser? I just switched to it from Brave Browser. Its free, and pretty cool. I didn't think I could like a browser this much, and no I'm not a paid representative.

There doesn't seem to be any info on their site about what sets it apart from other browsers, but this is intriguing.

"Another way to think about it is that Arc treats the web the way TikTok treats video: not as a fixed thing for you to consume but as a set of endlessly remixable components for you to pull apart, play with, and use to create something of your own. Want something to look better or have an idea for what to do with it? Go for it."

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
There doesn't seem to be any info on their site about what sets it apart from other browsers, but this is intriguing.

"Another way to think about it is that Arc treats the web the way TikTok treats video: not as a fixed thing for you to consume but as a set of endlessly remixable components for you to pull apart, play with, and use to create something of your own. Want something to look better or have an idea for what to do with it? Go for it."

Yeah I’ve been using it for a couple weeks, and it does let you do a bunch of cool stuff, such as edit the graphic elements on the webpage you’re viewing (change hues and colors, delete images, etc), and it also has a very clean, simple interface, while also offering a lot of interesting new productivity features.

version

And this

It's already happening.

Leo

can't blame him, really. why give away access to your platform to people who aren't registered? especially when you can register for free.

shakahislop

it already feels like it's over anyway. it's got the taint.
its like facebook now, the timeline is pure carnage, all kinds of shit i don't want to see all over it that i can't seem to control. there's a sort of feeling with these platforms that they go to seed, they get overgrown, they become neglected, everyone stops putting the effort in and steps away. it's good in a way, to be able to mark the time with the rise and fall of different platforms, they're like genres, they're of the moment.