The Hater's Thread

DavidD

can't be stopped
The underground rap hate is kind of infuriating. I mean of course there's plenty of wack nerdy shit but as grassroots music 'movements' go there's much worse shit out there. Eminem came out of underground rap, not the mixtape circuit. Of course for those of you who hate eminem i suppose that doesn't mean much.

zhao

there are no accidents
oh thanks for reminding me. I hate Blackalicious. I hate 90% of the Roots.

the opposite of ignorant gangsta rap is NOT white-washed Star-Bucks friendly "let's pretend that we live in a Bennetons ad" goofy-ass BULLshit.

other than that I love lots of Indie/undie hiphop. but I won't talk about them because this here is the HATE thread.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I also fucken hate...

FUNK METAL PUNK FROM THE EARLY 90s!!!!

yes fucken DON'T CALL Me DUDE and FAITH NO MORE and THE CHILLI PEPPER'S AFTER 'BLOOD SUGAR' and all THOSE L.A FUCKEN POST_HAIR 'DUDE METAL BANDS WITH FUCKEN JOCK-FAGS WITH LONG-HAIR & WEARING OKANUIS AND BAD-BRAINS T_SHIRTS!! WORST MUSIC OF ALL-TIME EXCEPT FOR CLIFF RICHARD ANd JONNY FARNHAM!! SEND THEM TO IREALND AND THE GAZA STRIP WHERE THEY WILL BE TAKEN AS ISRAELIS AND KILLED ON CAMERA!

zhao

there are no accidents
so dude, like, fuckin' CHILL dude. here's some qualuudes man, and I'll put on some Pearl Jam for ya... no like? how about some Smashing Pumpkins or Stone Temple Pilots? dude, what'er you doing with that knife?

viktorvaughn

Possibly the worst tune ever made, in my opinion, and one that i have to physically escape from is the theme from Friends! Anyone else have a particular dislike of that one?

O

Omaar

viktorvaughn said:
Possibly the worst tune ever made, in my opinion, and one that i have to physically escape from is the theme from Friends! Anyone else have a particular dislike of that one?

Yup. Infact, I wish you'd never brought it up as it's firmly etched in my memory and now it has started playing in my brain ...

henry s

Street Fighting Man
Omaar said:
Yup. Infact, I wish you'd never brought it up as it's firmly etched in my memory and now it has started playing in my brain ...
could this really be the worst tune ever, if it so easily and powerfully insinuates itself into your head?...wouldn't the worst tune ever be one that, even if you listened to it a million times, you'd still not be able to even hum it?

I'm just advocating the devil here...I hate that Friends song about as much as I hate the show itself...the Rembrandts should be mauled by bears...not killed, mind you, just mauled...

zhao

there are no accidents
henry s said:
could this really be the worst tune ever, if it so easily and powerfully insinuates itself into your head?...wouldn't the worst tune ever be one that, even if you listened to it a million times, you'd still not be able to even hum it?

I'm just advocating the devil here...I hate that Friends song about as much as I hate the show itself...the Rembrandts should be mauled by bears...not killed, mind you, just mauled...

if we're going to venture into TV land the all encompasing HATE will likely consume us. thus I advise the steering clear of this territory altogether...

(oh god... a contender for the Friends song would be the Malcom in the Middle song... the worst Nero-esque torture is too good for the producers who picked that)

zhao

there are no accidents
henry s said:
I hate that Friends song

if we're going to venture into TV land the all encompasing HATE will likely consume us. thus I advise the steering clear of this territory altogether...

(oh god... it may be too late... a contender for the Friends song would be the Malcom in the Middle song)

henry s

Street Fighting Man
confucius said:
what the hell is that?
you serious?...it's when the singer goes all free-form blah-blah-blah-doo-doo-WEEEE-hooo...for example, if you tried to mimic a lead guitar lick using only your voice, you would be scat-singing...Ella Fitzgerald is generally the first name that comes to mind when the conversation turns, as it does, to scat...and she weren't that bad...Van Morrison did some OK scat on Astral Weeks, come to think...but in general, ewww

the guy that got axed in the head in The Shining was Scatman Crothers, who essentially (and literally) made his name plying this trade...

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
henry s said:
the guy that got axed in the head in The Shining was Scatman Crothers, who essentially (and literally) made his name plying this trade...
uh- oh...anyone remember that *terrible* tune that crawled the top40 lists in the early 90's,
think crap joke-dance with oldman "scat" widdly-widdly wee type vocals...think it was "scatman john"? grr...erm, whatever...
(argh- now once i've remembered it, it won't go away!
oh, the irony...)

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
for the record, i hate most music mentioned in this thread.

all the mass-produced, dumbed down, "lowest common denominator"/top40 conveyor belt generic shite... :mad:

it sucks being a snob, though...

i feel a bit guilty, because looking down on some (admittedly awful) music often leads to looking down on the sort of people who *like* that music and that smells a little bit of...yawn

forget it- i'll gladly guillotine the coldplays and james blunts of this world...RESISTANCE NOW!

it's not too late to overthrow the music industry...but it won't be grime leading the coup, sorry ;)