luka

glad holland is out too bad that old fart koeman with his conservative shit football extended his contract, either way it would've been an embarrassment if they'd made it into the final after ending third in the group phase and playing austria turkey and england
we beat yyyyalrdin! we beat him! hes defeated!!!!!

luka

holland didnt have as many big lads at the end of the day. it will be interesting in the final. i think we can big lad them and intimidate them into forgetting theyre way better than us and nick a 3-0

william kent

If England win the Euros then we truly are in a new era. A Labour government, Bill Bailey shaving his head, and football coming home.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Dunno if it's a high or low but it's far from new...

But I really have to say one thing... I am really kinda struggling to process this, a big part of me simply refuses to accept or believe that we actually beat the Dutch like that. Damn. In the fucking final after one pretty good game. We'll probably lose but whatever....

My girlfriend is actually Dutch but as she moved tp Portugal at a young age she really feels no affiliation to them and was cheering for England... so sadly I didn't get to indulge in the longed-for pisstaking session.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The greatest injustice I've ever seen on a football pitch was when Koeman pulled Platt down in the middle of the area just before he scored and somehow stayed on the pitch in direct contravention of the newly introduced professional foul rules. Then the ref insanely gave a freekick outside the box... and then Koeman went on to score the winner which ultimately prevented England qualifying.

The mills of God grind slowly....

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If England win the Euros then we truly are in a new era. A Labour government, Bill Bailey shaving his head, and football coming home.
I just had to drop in some paperwork at the primary school my little boy will be going to in September, and 'Three Lions' was playing on a boombox in the playground as the kids were arriving.

Truly the dawn of a new era.

WashYourHands

cat malogen
The greatest injustice I've ever seen on a football pitch was when Koeman pulled Platt down in the middle of the area just before he scored and somehow stayed on the pitch in direct contravention of the newly introduced professional foul rules. Then the ref insanely gave a freekick outside the box... and then Koeman went on to score the winner which ultimately prevented England qualifying.

The mills of God grind slowly....

Hand of God, Lampard’s goal disallowed, two shockers tbf

IdleRich

IdleRich
Hand of God, Lampard’s goal disallowed, two shockers tbf

But the Koeman thing was so bad cos
a) he should have been sent off
b) it should have been a penalty
c) he went on to score

So that decision cost us a goal, gave them a goal and an extra player. That one decision arguably cost three goals. And it was such a blatant foul, such a simple decision, one with no discretion involved and that he clearly saw and simply chickened out of applying the very clear rule. I still get angry thinking about it.

WashYourHands

cat malogen
But the Koeman thing was so bad cos
a) he should have been sent off
b) it should have been a penalty
c) he went on to score

So that decision cost us a goal, gave them a goal and an extra player. That one decision arguably cost three goals. And it was such a blatant foul, such a simple decision, one with no discretion involved and that he clearly saw and simply chickened out of applying the very clear rule. I still get angry thinking about it.

granted but the Diego goal was immense levels of cheating in a WC and the Lampard goal should’ve stood after getting about 3-4 yards over the line in a WC too

poor refereeing all round but ain’t the Euros a level below the WC for injustices?

mixed_biscuits

We're seeing the effects of decades of decreasing testosterone at the highest level of the game now: less skill, less individuality, less aggression, and responses to aggression that aren't dominant behaviours but submissive ones. Instead of springing up like Roy Keane ready to knock the living daylights out of the aggressor, the soy-steeped modern footballer plays up his submissive beta status by exaggerating the effects of the foul, hoping to resolve the matter through the mediation of the sole alpha male on the pitch: the referee. In this soyscape an unashamed ball-handler and natural chad like Bellingham can seemingly twist the very fabric of reality.

Note that the modern era's top player, Messi, is on the spectrum and has an exaggeratedly masculine brain. Hence his preternatural powers of spatial processing.