GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Ach!

Turd on the Run
www.myspace.com/nushapemusic

Although it says on there "nushape is a genre", really just seems more like a uk 'urban' record label. Terms such as 8bar etc were used when nobody new what the heck this music was called, when we were just describing the sound of tracks and styles in reference to it being from ukg - and terms like sublo and eski were being pushed by influential producers and crews at grime's inception. I don't think nushape fits in there. Anyway, I suppose I should be posting this on wiki not here.
Previously on the wiki grime page there was a whole section about Tottenham and its importance in grime, without reference to East london very much at all. I loved that - Tottenham's where I'm from, but that's been taken out, so some kind of effective filtering is going on.

i'm not even tryna be bad but just

what is the point of that Garna release? somebody tell me please

Lord of the Decks 3 - rah I forgot about DVD's...

Wiley sounds like he's saving the best bits for his album

actually apart from 2 tracks on Skepta's E.P, a lil' of Iron Soul's (which I'm gonna hear on a bus soon surely) one all of what I just heard was pretty poor to be honest

that Slew Dem sounds like a Skepta production but as road as dem man are...they've got some good artwork lol

Last edited:

Immryr

the new skepta ep is swagadelic. im really disappointed. logan PLEASE repress the one he did for you. i need it badly.

i like that new wiley song, jacks not nimble, or whatever its called, apart from the hook, which almost goes without saying on a wiley track :O

the new slew dem is pretty good too, i probably wont buy it though as it just isnt worth it for 3 versions of the same song.

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Chronic - Bumbahclart Badman is a Skepta production

Garna has 2 EPs. The Magic Circle ep is tough. I like the title track a lot.

I am repressing the Skepta and JME EP, should be in stores on a label this saturday for £5

I pressed up a few promos of a JME & Trigz instrumental EP on Boy Better Know. It includes Mayhem, which is fucking nang. Go and buy it. Saturday. £6 promo.

There will be another Skepta EP on Adamantium as well.

gumdrops

http://www.ukrecordshop.com/shop/catalog/Various_Artists__Senseless_EP_p_19158.html

this one isnt bad - kinda like dubstep but harder, sharper and with grimes lower production values

the new jme one on there on meridian records is just okaaaaay IMO, but then ive never thought him and skepta, apart from a few tracks here and there were ever as good producers as some people make out

http://www.ukrecordshop.com/shop/catalog/F1__F1_EP_Volume_2_p_19029.html
1st track is kinda like older militant grime, 2nd track is dipset gone baltimore club weirdly enough, 3rd track is like dexplicit but with nice slightly melancholy ravey/techno stabs. track 4 sounds very cheesy but with grime handclaps. cant be arsed to listen to the rest.

http://www.ukrecordshop.com/shop/catalog/DJ_Rekless__Liger_p_19130.html
this is good - sort of like house meets dubstep/grime

but still, im not buying any of these.

say what you want about slew dem but they *consistently* make good records! ha@tactics comment about their artwork. like this one you mean? http://www.independance-records.co.uk/dvdchronik.gif
lol

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
the new jme one on there on meridian records is just okaaaaay IMO, but then ive never thought him and skepta, apart from a few tracks here and there were ever as good producers as some people make out

Which ep is that? Meridian records? I'm not familiar.

And Skepta and JME have some fantastic beats. I think they wholeheartedly deserve their production credits

benjybars

village elder.
Which ep is that? Meridian records? I'm not familiar.

And Skepta and JME have some fantastic beats. I think they wholeheartedly deserve their production credits

i dunno, i think a lot of JME's stuff can be hit and miss.. but they've both produced several bangers so fair enough..

outraygeous

the magic circle ep is a banger..

just waiting on the top 3 instrumental. biggest beat of this year so far

and ruff squad need to release their 'old school' track. i need that

boomnoise

♫
Dizzee was down FWD on Friday!

Here's some video i took on my phone.

The quality's nice and grimey.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
the magic circle ep is a banger..

just waiting on the top 3 instrumental. biggest beat of this year so far

and ruff squad need to release their 'old school' track. i need that

Should be 2 weeks according to the pressing plant, but there's been some terrible delays

gumdrops

i dunno, i think a lot of JME's stuff can be hit and miss.. but they've both produced several bangers so fair enough..

yeah thats the prob i have with them. theyve had some massive tunes here and there but a lot of 'whatever' ones in between that are alright enough but dont really stick out.

listening to this tinchy breakaway track, its not hip hop as such, its still got a certain grime bent to it. but the lyric about 'streets not letting me go' and the tempo make it sound much more like mainstream hip hop than something like underground or xtra. the cheesy chorus doesnt help either (although at the start, for a second, it made me think of an old housey/ravey kind of vocal, until the beat kicked in). tinchy is flowing like jay-z/lil wayne on there as well.

Last edited:

gumdrops

4hero talking about grime in echoes magazine:

"When we was making jungle, we was making it with older people’s music. We were sampling James Brown and the amen break which was some sixties church drumbeat, but we were open enough to see how we could merge the past and the future. I think that’s what’s missing from some of these kids. It’s not just about future. They need some past too. You tend to find a lot of riffs in grime are almost classical. So it’s like there’s a missing link somewhere. But then, if there was no pirate radio playing old jazz-funk when I was growing up, I’d probably have been in the same boat.”