GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

no lay is REALLY underrated if you ask me (her track on RTR was one of the best), her and shystie are MUCH better than a lot of the bigger male MCS imo. especially flow wise, shystie would murder most of these guys. shystie>>>>JME.

echoes mag and blues and soul are still the two best urban music mags out there IMO. touch used to be pretty good but its just too vapid now.

it's a jokes piece

read it if you can

I don't know about Shystie but No Lay could leng down any mc around...well apart from a few

the wiley piece...I dunno if he wants to open that can of worms...but looks like he doesn't care...he runs the issue though...seems like he's running the mag game right now aswell lol!

dizzee must be p*****

Last edited:

Immryr

i really, really like Grime Reapers productions. especially go on my own. i even like JME on that song, the verses less so than the hook, but still. huge song.

gumdrops

what can of worms? the beef can of woms? i dont think enough people read echoes for that to make any impact lol.

what i like about shystie is that shes fierce and she raps with energy and hunger. no lay is lyrically one of the best. i dont know many of her other songs but her producers are good too and know how to make proper finished product.

dizzee isnt on many mags cos i think xl are trying to only get him that extra mainstream coverage. i dont think they really care too much about the urban market this time - dizzees on that big weekend thing radio one do, gilles peterson (!), westwood and probably everyone else. even dj mk on kiss is playing him this time.

mos dan

fact music
no lay is REALLY underrated if you ask me (her track on RTR was one of the best), her and shystie are MUCH better than a lot of the bigger male MCS imo. especially flow wise, shystie would murder most of these guys. shystie>>>>JME.

echoes mag and blues and soul are still the two best urban music mags out there IMO. touch used to be pretty good but its just too vapid now.

no lay>>>>>>>_______________

awesome mc, can't wait for her mixtape.

check her on the female allstars track if you haven't heard it:
who remembers shystie's merking of fury on 'murderation' (i think it was called)? that was pretty scary.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
No one rates Shystie!

I don't know what Shystie you are listening to, because the one I have heard is total bollocks. The only good track I can remembering hearing from her was that remix of Step Back and that's probably because there wasn't very much Shystie on it.

No Lay wrecks it though.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just checked out Shystie's myspace page, and she has totally switched her game up: she appears to be making shit in the vein of that electro-pop shit. Probably a good idea career-wise.

Last edited:

tox

Factory Girl
dizzee isnt on many mags cos i think xl are trying to only get him that extra mainstream coverage. i dont think they really care too much about the urban market this time - dizzees on that big weekend thing radio one do, gilles peterson (!), westwood and probably everyone else. even dj mk on kiss is playing him this time.

Haven't they always been on that kinda tip though? Dizzee played a Dance festival the year before Showtime came out (Creamfields, broadcast on Radio One) and Gilles has been playing a Dizzee ident and tracks for time, well before Boy in da Corner dropped. Even his Popworld apperance isn't that out of the ordinary given that Kano has been on there (Kano in a canoe, how could anyone forget!).

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Jo Whiley was bigging Dizz up the other day too - she was banging on about him like he was some sort of genius. Talking bout how he has one of the "nicest smiles in the business." Then again, Jo Whiley is a ditzy, sycophantic, self-important wasteman.

gumdrops

jo whiley is one of the worst interviewers ive ever heard on radio. then again maybe shes kind of a pioneer for fearne cotton and all the other vapid interviewers you seem to get on TV and radio these days.

yeah, its true XL have always been on the mainstream promo tip now i think about it... i dunno if its just down to 'urban' outlets dismissing dizzee/grime back then and not having much interest (it being garridge and everything - still, touch put him on the cover) or if its that they werent really targeted but the mainstream/rock/alt press seemed to give him most of the coverage, same with MIA really. i remember hip hop connection magazine reacting to all the buzz and giving BIDC only 2 out of 5!

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
sub just and kanye tracks? sama...you are very guilty of playing some of these

I really try not to. I do sporadically when artists are pushing them as singles or lead tracks from mixtapes. I certainly don't ever play them as instrumentals.

Dizzee's record is getting some great mainstream exposure. It certainly is getting the budget to justify it. He really has left now though.

benjybars

village elder.
bit of a random request but does anyone have an mp3 that was floating around a while ago .. it was a scorcher freestyle over a wiley beat, and the beat had a sample that went "can't let a day go by" (is that Taplin?) ??

also did that scorcher tune with rossi b & luca ever get released???... absolute banger.. the chorus had his "scorcher, not no talker, flick out the ting like luke skywalker" bars.

cheers.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
bit of a random request but does anyone have an mp3 that was floating around a while ago .. it was a scorcher freestyle over a wiley beat, and the beat had a sample that went "can't let a day go by" (is that Taplin?) ??

don't have it on me cos i'm at work, but that's "let a day" from his first mixtape. and the beat is indeed taplin.

tom pr

also did that scorcher tune with rossi b & luca ever get released???... absolute banger.. the chorus had his "scorcher, not no talker, flick out the ting like luke skywalker" bars.
not on his mixtape, and i don't think it ever came out on vinyl.

i was actually thinking about it the other day, it must be one of the best grime vocals ever to have not been released in any form. though maybe it was; i'm sure logan will know.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
not on his mixtape, and i don't think it ever came out on vinyl.

i was actually thinking about it the other day, it must be one of the best grime vocals ever to have not been released in any form. though maybe it was; i'm sure logan will know.

Was D Double E, Kano and Demon's vocal of Frontline ever released officially?

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Yeah I have always wondered about that. I've heard the version where its D Double for ages then it just drops into gangsta toyz...was that just an edit someone did or was that version ever released?

Gangsta Toyz is just the sickest tune, mainly for Kano.