GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Yeah I have always wondered about that. I've heard the version where its D Double for ages then it just drops into gangsta toyz...was that just an edit someone did or was that version ever released?

Gangsta Toyz is just the sickest tune, mainly for Kano.

that d double freestlye is on that DEE bootleg, the name of it eludes me now.... ah no its d double - on tha double - that is a really good bootleg

yeah demon is pretty swag, didnt even bother to give his mixtape a go, same with ghetto really - never got into either of them. i find ghetto's flow really annoying

Immryr

what?!?!?! im baffled at how anyone who likes any form of mcing could not like ghetto. he is brilliant in flow, lyrics and delivery - which is the one thing he lacked in the first couple of years he was on the scene.

gumdrops

yeah i hate both of them TBH, getto and demon

demon does that fake over-over-emoting freeway thing and ghettos flow is just overloaded (like an overcaffeinated angry kano as wiley might say) IMO. plus he tries a bit too hard with all his 'LOOK HOW SICK I AM!' lyrics.

elgato

I just dont know
funny thing is that when i read "mc with a great flow" i immediately think "that will be pretty boring". I very much prefer the likes of jammer, chronik, even dogzilla to people like ghetto and even kano. The same in hiphop, i never got what is so great about nas.

i dont understand. what has nas got to do with the above? is he generally heralded on account of his flow?!

Immryr

i cant listen to anyone who would ever say anything as crap as "you aint a king, youre a pawn, youre an acorn, smelly frog spawn", i could come up with about one hundred more examples of such things by dogzilla alone that just make me cringe when i hear them. and i mean really, physically cringe.

Immryr

ok, so you dont judge mcs on lyrical content, nor on flow... what exactly is it you like about mcing?

-edit- and yeah, i realise these two things arent the only things that make mcs good, charisma, voice, etc all come in to play, but id say theyre fairly fundamental things for a quality mc to excel at.

Last edited:

gumdrops

yeah i dont know whats left either. i can forgive shitty content if the flow is there but if theres no flow OR content, then what do you have left? young jeezy? no thanks.

Immryr

i surprisingly like young jeezy :eek:

-another edit- also, i find that comment a little odd coming from the little i know about your taste, as, to me, people like jammer and chronick have neither flow nor content. i dont find either of them that charismatic either, but i know some do.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
yeah i hate both of them TBH, getto and demon

demon does that fake over-over-emoting freeway thing and ghettos flow is just overloaded (like an overcaffeinated angry kano as wiley might say) IMO. plus he tries a bit too hard with all his 'LOOK HOW SICK I AM!' lyrics.

lol, DID Wiley say that?

Anyway, I have a question about Devilman. Anyone got a clue to where all that weird shit he spits comes from? Is it part of another language or something, because if it is, it is totally beyond me.

It sounds fucking brilliant, but sometimes you just stop yourself and go:

"WOOM MAI LONG ZOONG!.... wtf?"

Any answers on this?

gumdrops

kronik is sick when he wants to be. not only does he have something to rap about (even if its disturbing) but he has the flows too (listen to him over no bass by ruff sqwad). he actually HAS a flow. its not all ramshackle and all over the shop like say, wiley can be sometimes. and he raps with that type of ferocity riko has which is good. he has gravitas. a lot of (younger?) grime MCs talk so much shit but you just cant believe a word of it.

kronik is sick when he wants to be. not only does he have something to rap about (even if its disturbing) but he has the flows too (listen to him over no bass by ruff sqwad). he actually HAS a flow. its not all ramshackle and all over the shop like say, wiley can be sometimes. and he raps with that type of ferocity riko has which is good. he has gravitas. a lot of (younger?) grime MCs talk so much shit but you just cant believe a word of it.

omg i cant beleive kronik is getting dissed - that no bass freestyle of his is the best one about!!! have you heard the way he repeats the same things over and over and over getting progressively more intense as he does so - some chanting style, and hes got that brilliant lilt to his voice which is so charismatic - he is as gumdrops says probably the most convincing mc in terms of believing what he says is real -

its hot my block,
my block's hot, boy

mental, heres hoping he gets straight back on the mic, back on rinse, making an mixtape now that he's out of can

ghetto just feels like hes trying far too hard - like hes forcing a shit out or something, its just not appealing

wiley video for 50/50 - check prancehall

what is it with mc's and animated music videos - jme-serious/wiley/ruff sqwad-xtra (well not really - but it was hardly outside)
anyone remember essentials - state ur name? what a sick video - wiley's one is decidedly boring and he comes across a bit of a prat, of that list i think jme's was probably the best

mos dan

fact music
wiley video for 50/50 - check prancehall

what is it with mc's and animated music videos - jme-serious/wiley/ruff sqwad-xtra (well not really - but it was hardly outside)
anyone remember essentials - state ur name? what a sick video - wiley's one is decidedly boring and he comes across a bit of a prat, of that list i think jme's was probably the best

i will be very surprised if any grime video this year is better than essentials' "so much better". christ, i just wish they'd follow it up with a bit more activity... their comeback was the most exciting grime event in ages for me, and then.. pfffffftt

geez

give essentials time man...check their myspace and their label one - I think its flammabel or something - new sets and video every week

on another note jendor's head is MAASIVE lol!

I still don't get what you guys like about Kronik. if it turns out that he doesn't do any on-road business would you lot still be on him?

what d.e.velopment/devilman spits?...who the hell knows but it does sound sick...I think him and Badness (whose murking at the moment) might be forming some team...

viktorvaughn

give essentials time man...check their myspace and their label one - I think its flammabel or something - new sets and video every week

on another note jendor's head is MAASIVE lol!

I still don't get what you guys like about Kronik. if it turns out that he doesn't do any on-road business would you lot still be on him?

what d.e.velopment/devilman spits?...who the hell knows but it does sound sick...I think him and Badness (whose murking at the moment) might be forming some team...

Is Paperchase still going - wasn't that Essentials and Davinche? When i hear the name i always think Gender which would be a pretty funny name for a Grimemmcee.

Badness (and Doctor) touched mic at the last fwd. Badness was impressive. His reload bars ('ohhhhh dem dem dem dem etc.) are massive! Bruza was there too and i asked him to get on the mic but he didn't seem too sure!

gumdrops

id still like kronik if he wasnt on road doing 'work'.

when people go on about 'authenticity' it doesnt really matter to me if they did the stuff they rap about, its more about when they say those things do i believe them or not? i dont really give a shit when people say 'oh hes acting gangsta but he never did that stuff'. who gives a shit? if hes a better rapper and makes better songs than half the guys who supposedly DID do that stuff, then thats all that matters. yeah it being true might add something extra to it, but comparing getto to kronik is ridiculous - getto sounds sounds too hype as if to show how unhinged and crazy he is but it just falls flat cos he sounds too try hard. kronik just delivers his rhymes with conviction.

mos dan

fact music
Badness (and Doctor) touched mic at the last fwd. Badness was impressive. His reload bars ('ohhhhh dem dem dem dem etc.) are massive! Bruza was there too and i asked him to get on the mic but he didn't seem too sure!

gutted i missed that. ain't heard anything from doctor in a while..

and tactics, i haven't heard much new from essentials.. lots of great new stuff from hazzardous, but that's bossman and p money/keedo/zero/etc (next generation of south mcs), rather than essentials themselves.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Has anybody ordered any records from chemical-records? I just placed an order, but i wondered what to expect. They seem to have quite a reasonable stock. I was able to order Coki Tortured, which is sold out in most other places. Or are they the type that process an order and only tell you that a record is out of stock when the packet is delivered?
Found this record which I'm looking forward to, though haven't heard any of it anywhere else : Raptor -- War Of Da Streets