GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

N

nomadologist

i thought it was "cha-mill-uyn-air" instead of "ka-mill-yun-air" for the longest time...:eek:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Sure, everyone's slang sounds funny to everyone else.

I like grime well enough. I'm just saying the slang would sound funny to NYers.

What's wrong with that?

It's a redundant statement, baby boy. No homo. AY!

I quite like Griminal's name. He said a Criminal is someone who does Crime, so he is a Griminal.

petergunn

plywood violin
Sure, everyone's slang sounds funny to everyone else.

I like grime well enough. I'm just saying the slang would sound funny to NYers.

What's wrong with that?

nothing.

it's 100% true.

most american hip hop fans (who aren't anglophiles, too) that hear grime end up goofing on the lyrics... that is actually why playing someone like Riko or Flo Dan or Doctor or God's Gift who use some sort of yardie style often goes over better, as dancehall has been big in NYC clubs since the late 80's... but, yeah, people just aren't used to dudes spitting in an english accent and hearing words like "trousers" in a rap song will always make people here giggle...

i don't think any of their names are silly, tho, a lotta rap names are weird and always have been... "dizzee rascal" is somehow weirder than "lovebug starski"?!?!?

in continued dizzee rascal news, he showed up today with like 15 bags of sneakers n gear and shit... i couldn't help myself and said "trainers by the truckload, trainers by the ton, huh?"

. Try and name a beat from the last year or so that has been more of a rave-destroying, reload-after-reload MC platform than Stageshow Riddim.

that beat was over hyped, it got air almost everywhere i heard it out. its just not good enough to dance to, the crowd effect is what carries it and the mc's shouting

tom pr

Cargo got mucky when that got dropped at the Wiley launch party. I think Skepta and Riko were MCing over it too, cant really remember...

dHarry

in continued dizzee rascal news, he showed up today with like 15 bags of sneakers n gear and shit... i couldn't help myself and said "trainers by the truckload, trainers by the ton, huh?"
Anyone see the piece on him in last Sunday's Sunday Times (OMG outed myself :eek: NO TORY (or New Labourite)!)? Wearing a sharp suit, described as a rapper (no mention of grime, or hip hop for that matter) and all about on how he's so focussed, determined, hard-working etc. etc. etc. And "cuddly".

gumdrops

i like stage show but theres something deficient about that beat. its missing some sort of space in the programming or *something*. i like the soca/ultra fast dancehall feel of it but its a bit too jerky.

mos dan

fact music
Cargo got mucky when that got dropped at the Wiley launch party. I think Skepta and Riko were MCing over it too, cant really remember...

yeah it went down well at Cargo, and actually Dirty Canvas on Friday was the first time I really saw the multi-MC-version HYPE-MANIA the tune had promised. Tempz destroyed it. Not many people were feeling Stageshow at FWD a couple months ago, but yknow, go figure.

Speaking of Tempz, who was it that uploaded 'Are You Fucking Crazy'? Who's on the beat? I love that tune, it's like listening to hardcore punk.

mos dan

fact music
I just wanted to reiterate, in statistical form, how much I'm feeling the Young Dot mixtape:

mosdan's Weekly Top Artists (Last Updated 8:37pm)

Young Dot 94 plays

Amerie 21 plays
Jon E Cash 14 plays
The Magnetic Fields 13 plays
Tempa T 13 plays
Ruff Sqwad 10 plays
Jammer 10 plays
RINse FM 8 plays
HBO 6 plays
The Onion 5 plays

RAISED BY WOLVES

Quick Catch-up question.

What is that instrumental that Roachee is rhyming over on his last "verse" on the "free Roachee" joint on Trim's latest tape, right before the song ends. Sounds like a gang of Videogame samples spliced together. I got a set where Big H and Pres T destroy it, and its a personal favorite. Any help much appreciated.

Cornflake

Originally Posted by petergunn

ahh back when i did promo work for him on websites, promised a shirt was being sent in the mail. Then I said that I wouldnt do any more work until I received my shirt (after over 3 months of getting emails saying "keep up the good work, the shirt will be in the mail very soon") I heard nothing. After I sent more emails asking what the deal was, I was basically ignored.

Thats my dizzee clothing story haha...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
his new page is

myspace.com/dottherotten

He changed his name from the now defunct Young Dot

I will endeavour to make him make it available for download again.