GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mms

sometimes
i read the evening standard by chance on public transport and read an article about crazy tich being arrested and bailed over connection to a murder - and consequently a show he's in called going live in stratford being shut due to fears of reprisal using some kind of promoters register .
what is all this crap?
frstly the man has been found innocent so why take away his possible livelyhood.
why not just remove him from the show if it really worries promoters.
what the hell is the promoters register and does it work for anyone or just people associated loosley with what used to be called garage?
are their security facilities so poor that they can't deal with it ?

outraygeous

i saw that article aswell

i think its just straight racism. seeing as that pete dougherty can do gigs when everyone knows the dudes a junkie.. surely that is more of an 'unsavory element' than anyone can desire.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
this promoters register is this 'banned list' i've been talking about sporadically since the So Solid/Romeo's birthday bash shooting in 2001. i'm very curious to know what legal basis it has, because it smacks of guilty until proven innocent.

that's not to say the crime titch is mentioned in relation to isn't a very serious issue.

mms

sometimes
Blackdown said:
this promoters register is this 'banned list' i've been talking about sporadically since the So Solid/Romeo's birthday bash shooting in 2001. i'm very curious to know what legal basis it has, because it smacks of guilty until proven innocent.

that's not to say the crime titch is mentioned in relation to isn't a very serious issue.

so it wouldn't stretch to anyone outside the garage/grime scene? surely that's illegal for one thing .
i wonder if contracting someone to play at a gig comes under employment acts..

Sure its very serious to be embroiled in this, but just logically would'nt it be pretty crazy for would be revengers to attack someone performing for starters , it's not very discreet.

still it's typical for the evening standard to get on it, their front page story being about a girl who has an illness that makes her eat alot. The only london only alternative paper tho is the free soundbite sheet the metro, owned by the same company.

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Being arrested and bailed in connection with doesn't mean he has been cleared.

Obviously he is innocent until proven guilty, but there are a number of people on the streets who do not operate their justice in this way and his alleged connection to the incident could quite easily lead to reprisals even if it is at the moment onlya link from hearsay and conjecture.

gumdrops

for anyone looking for some new stuff, independance seems to have some good stuff available, even if most of the appeal (for me at least) lies in the instrumentals. there's the dumpvalve 4 motion ep, trim and roach -pen and paper, wonder voodoo people remix, mark one rise of the machines and dj mondie - pull up that feat flirta d, napper and shizzle.

mms

sometimes
quick question for the grime massive who did the beats for trim and scratch on the b side of boogeyman ?
it's not mr T. Danger is it?

S

simon silverdollar

if yr talking about the song 'trim n scratch', scratchy did the production.

gumdrops

trim and scratch is one of the best beats of the whole year and apparently it really WAS made on playstation

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
That is called "Before This". Was going to be a vocal on the erstwhile PAUG album.

It is on the flipside to the Eskimo "Devil" Bass mix

This beat is a personal fave of mine.

DonRuba

Stocktown man
I also thought that this was "Shanghai"!
So how does the real "Shanghai" sound?
Can someone upload a snippet of it, or is there any online store with soundclips where it's still for sale?

C

captain easychord

LTNRL was meant to be vocalled IMO, it's a pure 8-bar tune. hearing someone ride the switch is too much. i hope the roll deep version does it justice.