GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Fiddy

micmack said:
This has probably been asked before, but:

Is Skepta's Duppy coming out on 12" at the end of this month. I saw this somewhere, but not sure where. It may already be out for all I know, but I haven't seen it.

Thanks

no it's not out yet, may be this year/or early next

Brokeman

Living Too Late
simon silverdollar said:
or may be 'raw 2 the core'. i think that's quite old.
Raw to the Core is RSQ 003, with Misty Cold. Tings in Boots is 001. I think it may be Pied Piper because the remix appears in 005 and the vocals are on 004 with lethal injection.

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
can someone please up the dizzee rascal 8bar whites which came out earlier this year? i remember hearing 'streetfighter riddim' as a sample somewhere, then completely forgot about them.... keen to hear what these sound like

Brokeman

Living Too Late
minikomi said:
can someone please up the dizzee rascal 8bar whites which came out earlier this year? i remember hearing 'streetfighter riddim' as a sample somewhere, then completely forgot about them.... keen to hear what these sound like

Streetfighter is older. Here's a link to it. Which other whites are you talking about?

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0NNBMMNF26LOR321G5TND2P7KW

Boomnoise: I'm still up for doing a Grime discography but I need someone else who wants to help out! Any interest in part time archive fever?

In the meantime, I've been putting work into updating Discogs and wrapping my head around the number of lables and artists it would involve. I'll put up a Wiley spreadsheet soon and we'll pass it around to collect info!

DonRuba

Stocktown man
simon silverdollar said:

Thanks, but... the track you've uploaded is exactly the one that Brokeman in his original question had realized wasn't "Shanghai", and then Logan confirmed that this is indeed not Shanghai but a track called "Before This".

So I guess you are under the same misconception as I and Brokeman was.

And then when I asked how the real "Shanghai" sounds, Brokeman said "You'll recognize it when you hear it, it's very Sino-Grime sounding; lots of Chinese-style melodies on cheap synths". Once again, thanks but... if I've never heard it, or have heard it but thought that it's called something else, how will I know that it's "Shanghai" the next time I hear it? There are lots of sino-grime sounding tunes... I guess the word sino-grime wouldn't exist otherwise :)

Can't someone pleease upload the real "Shanghai"? This is frustrating.

S

simon silverdollar

DonRuba said:
Thanks, but... the track you've uploaded is exactly the one that Brokeman in his original question had realized wasn't "Shanghai", and then Logan confirmed that this is indeed not Shanghai but a track called "Before This".

So I guess you are under the same misconception as I and Brokeman was.

And then when I asked how the real "Shanghai" sounds, Brokeman said "You'll recognize it when you hear it, it's very Sino-Grime sounding; lots of Chinese-style melodies on cheap synths". Once again, thanks but... if I've never heard it, or have heard it but thought that it's called something else, how will I know that it's "Shanghai" the next time I hear it? There are lots of sino-grime sounding tunes... I guess the word sino-grime wouldn't exist otherwise :)

Can't someone pleease upload the real "Shanghai"? This is frustrating.

oh shit, sorry! the confusion started way back, then, cuz i remember Nick Kilroy once talking to me and luke heronbone in early 2004 about a wiley track he'd heard called shanghai, and singing it to us- and what he sang was what now turns out to be called 'before this'.

anyway, yeah, some one come with the real Shanghai please!

S

simon silverdollar

minikomi said:

do you mean stuff like Ho, Go, and Wheel? they're all really old but occasionally get represses. i think the only new dizzee white label was 'off 2 work', which was really an XL release, i think...

DonRuba

Stocktown man
That's very sweet of you.

Downloading it right now, it will be interesting to see if I really managed to miss this one or if I've got the wrong name on this one too.

DonRuba

Stocktown man
Oooh my good gosh.

I've never EVER heard this one before.

It gave me a flashback to the days when I first found this stuff on the net (June 2003 - I'm lookin at the creation date of the Eskimo mp3 on my harddrive) and thought "What the hell is this music? This is brilliant!"

I really thought I had all Wiley material from that time, at least all that has been released, but obviously I was wrong.

Thanks a lot! Big tune, in it's own simple way.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
Glad you like it!

It is a nice choon isn't it? The synth line that joins in with the Sino melody line is sooo ravey. It almost makes me think that Danny Weed had something to do with this track.

DJ PIMP

I love some of Wileys stuff and then some of it falls too much towards Soundtrack for Retarded Toddlers and I just can't listen to it.

petergunn

plywood violin
Brokeman said:
WK 013 - Wiley Kat "Shang Hi" (B Side from Eskimo (Braindead Mix))

this is my fav version of Eskimo... i incorrectly called it Eskimo 3 on the radio last week... which one is Eskimo 3? is that the "nu brand " mix?

Last edited:

DonRuba

Stocktown man
While we are at this subject:
I got this old tune called "Pulse Eskimo II", with vocal samples from Austin Powers in it ("Oh behave", "Yeah baby").
Is that a Wiley tune or not? I have also seen it credited to someone/something called Chain Reaction.

petergunn

plywood violin
Brokeman said:
Raw to the Core is RSQ 003, with Misty Cold. Tings in Boots is 001. I think it may be Pied Piper because the remix appears in 005 and the vocals are on 004 with lethal injection.

Pied Piper is "RUFF1"