GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

3underscore

gumdrops said:
see the dubstep thread... apparently youre only allowed to be from/part of one scene. you cant be both.

It was more a point that Wonder is Grime. See when he DJs at FWD it is grime, his history is grime - it kinda is.

And the Dubstep peeps are much more precise on what is and isn't (I would hardly be surprised if it broke into several subgenre - Vex'd isn't really Dubstep etc..)

gumdrops

3underscore said:
It was more a point that Wonder is Grime. See when he DJs at FWD it is grime, his history is grime - it kinda is.

And the Dubstep peeps are much more precise on what is and isn't (I would hardly be surprised if it broke into several subgenre - Vex'd isn't really Dubstep etc..)

thats fair enough, that wonder has come from grime and that that's his background whereas loefah and DMZ or skream have come through dubstep. my point was simply that in the same way request line has something that makes grime artists/fans react to it, wonder has something that makes dubstep people get into his work as well. i.e he might be a grime producer, but theres seems to be something about his work that often rests it on the cusp between both sounds

S

simon silverdollar

gossip?

sadly, roll deep's roachee is in prison, at least that's what ruff sqwad said on radio the other day.

gumdrops

crazy titch might be getting banged up for murder as well apparently. i dont think its confirmed yet though.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I got Ghetto's mix cd yesterday -- Big vocal of 'Ur love feels' (produced by rapid & slicks) by ghetto and lightning. Interesting songs, haven't given the rest a second listen yet.
Don't know about the mixdown of the cd though quality is soso, and at £9.99 a bit more expensive than others....... but we have money to burn right?

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I think it's worth the money. 25 tracks, Ghetto is great (although he is seriously angry.....).
Individual tracks, kind of half complete tracks the other half freestyles over grime or hip hop riddims

Had a feeling I was listening to Beats & Bars every now and then. Same hip hop riddims and they obviously have influenced each other (not a bad thing)

Last edited:

Brokeman

Living Too Late
who's feeling the tru tiger mixtape that cameo's been hammering for weeks now?

there's a lot of catchy tunes on it, but i feel like i'm missing the point with all the hype. i mean, it sounds good, but i haven't heard much on it that sounds very new. the big difference seems to be that it's pretty damn professional sounding.

opin's?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Totally agree, although the Wiley track on it is big. But apart from that, it's just a dull label showcase, surely.

I miss the point of most stuff on Cameo's show these days, to be honest.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
yeah, i've had an ambivalent relationship with it as well, but it's a more reliable connection than Rinse over the internet.

the current show has a great choon by skepta & jendor over a beat that has the ground force melody sampled and chopped. dunno anything about it, but its a nice track. mostly bars you've heard before but great delivery

gumdrops

is eski boy the new wiley single then? beat is good but the lyrics i thought were dissapointing. didnt seem to be many actual lyrics there, i swear half the lines dont rhyme, and the soundbites make it seem like wot do u call it part 2. i dont think there needs to be any more songs about what the music/scene is called now (theyre definitely not gonna endear grime to outsiders at this stage - i'd say the scene needs songs that are gonna stand up on their own without such self-reflexive content). that other track youre not real was better IMO.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
It's getting about 3 reloads every time it gets played in clubs though, so it seems to be doing the trick. He definitely didn't make it for people uotside the scene, it's been made for those who are part of it, and it seems to be appealling to them. Hopefully the support it is getting in the scene will help carry it outwards, rather than aiming for a mainstream market in the first place.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
does it use that track that was on the B side of Ice Rink as the beat? i have an MP3 called eskiboy that was supposedly the Ice Rink B side.

haven't heard this track yet, where can i hear it?

Brokeman

Living Too Late
oh, that eskiboy!

yeah, can't say i'm feeling that one much either, the hook just doesn't quite hook me, ya know?

still, i'd probably bawl for the reload along with everyone just because it's a new wiley choon. ;)

as to whether these kind of 'insider' choons are going to attract converts i've got *no* idea. i don't think the lyrics are necessarily going to put people off because they reference things within the scene; i always get drawn into things by lyrics like that because they require an investment in the music in order to make sense of things.

Tha Megatron

Risky Roadz 2 comes out tomarrow (spoke with the big man Sparkie over the phone. Says they'll be definately in stock @ Rhythm). For more info I posted a thread about it in the Events and Releases section for those interested.

And for those who haven't bought any of these Grime DVDs thats come out in the past (such as Eski-Dance, Lord of the Decks, Risky Roadz 1, etc.) and havent been able to put faces to names of artists in the scene in the UK this DVD will definately help with that. It sure did help me because all I had to go by were sticker labels on the vinyl last year. Anyways yeah dats news for Monday fo shizzidelly!