GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mpc

wasteman
i know, it's right next to my uni too, but they are too expensive and really fucking slow and incompetent. just get stuff off juno or ukrecordshop.com

Brokeman

Living Too Late
mpc said:
i know, it's right next to my uni too, but they are too expensive and really fucking slow and incompetent. just get stuff off juno or ukrecordshop.com

UK record shop irritates me. they keep every record they've ever carried up on their site even when they're sold out, and they all have that goofy little blurb:

You're to late! This item is now out of stock! Should have a re-stock soon... Click here to add it to your wish list & get a e-mail when its back in stock!

yeah, right. drop me an email when you happen to find re-stocks of Salt Beef and Frontline in your broom closet. waste.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
and while i'm on it, similar complaint about Independance; update your damn stock levels! i stopped ordering from them because both times i did, one item out of the bunch didn't arrive. i mean, they didn't charge me for it, but come on!

big up rhythm division every time

S

simon silverdollar

yeah but cameo works in Uptown and he's lovely. their mail order service IS a piece of shit tho...

mpc

wasteman
i was speaking to cameo very recently and he was a complete dickhead to me.

completely off with me for no good reason.

S

simon silverdollar

mpc said:

you should give him a prancehall slewing on yr blog...

sorry if this has been posted before but...

http://todayspictures.slate.com/inmotion/simon/

...didn't know grime was like the ghetto soundtrak of gutter poets that got bounced out of the classroom

never really assocaited the *culture* with the music before in a visual sense...

...now not only do I know why it's called grime but can understand the emotions fuelling it as we in NZ have the same problem with polynesian kids thinking they are gonna be the next 50cent and cloning afroamericanisms

over here though they mostly clown the accent as well...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
The thing about britian is unlike the States the government lays on a plate an unbelievable amount of opportunities for young people in this country.

Most of these kids have access to decent amounts of money, they can stay in school and not have to work.

mpc

wasteman
simon silverdollar said:
you should give him a prancehall slewing on yr blog...

i've probably done that before anyway, but it would be ridiculous to have a big rant on my blog because he was rude to me.

i just began chatting to him randomly and at first he was really short with me and basically wouldn't speak to me, but then when he realised i actually knew a lot of stuff (even stuff that he was unaware of) we ended up having a really long conversation about grime. in the end it was all blessed etc, and we both agreed that grime's not really going anywhere.

petergunn

plywood violin
Brokeman said:
UK record shop irritates me. they keep every record they've ever carried up on their site even when they're sold out, and they all have that goofy little blurb:

You're to late! This item is now out of stock! Should have a re-stock soon... Click here to add it to your wish list & get a e-mail when its back in stock!

yeah, right. drop me an email when you happen to find re-stocks of Salt Beef and Frontline in your broom closet. waste.

they also rape you on overseas shipping, as does indepedence... i use chemical records if i have a choice, as they basically charge exact shipping...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
mpc said:
i've probably done that before anyway, but it would be ridiculous to have a big rant on my blog because he was rude to me.

i just began chatting to him randomly and at first he was really short with me and basically wouldn't speak to me, but then when he realised i actually knew a lot of stuff (even stuff that he was unaware of) we ended up having a really long conversation about grime. in the end it was all blessed etc, and we both agreed that grime's not really going anywhere.

LOL!

Always good to hear someone who is held so highly in the scene showing such faith in it.... :confused:

I attended Kings College London doing a joint honours Maths and Physics degree for 2 years and left to persue a stupid idea that I could make something of myself in music like EZ did.

by going nowhere MPC...

...do you mean it's here to stay and only within the UK ???

BTW PM your addy and I'll send you a CD of beats, a t shirt and see if you can hook up a grime MC to rap over one of our tunes...

I think I owe u one anyway ;)

chur

RingoKid

Woebot

mpc said:

cameo has always been friendly to me. but i've known him since he was a lowly record-store clerk ;)

maybe he was late for the dentists or summat? i'm sure it wasn't personal mpc.