GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
gumdrops said:
yes - race doesnt necessarily have as much impact on EVERYTHING as some people might say or like to think and i like your 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' way of thinking, but its easy to say that race has no bearing on anything from the vantage point of being a white male in a majority white country.

I don't see Logan saying that.......
Ofcourse no one has the same amount/magnitude of possibilities, thats impossible. It's all about offering a minimum level of possibilities and anyone can take that minimum and take it really far.
The thing is, people might say if you can believe it you can achieve it -- this isn't realistic(but can get you pretty far...)
BUT -- if you don't believe something to be a possibility, it is NOT possible to achieve it (a page out psychology)

I also don't see how being a white male in a majority white country has to limit ones quality of perception of society. Especially if he mixes with many different groupes.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
gumdrops said:
if only.

yes - race doesnt necessarily have as much impact on EVERYTHING as some people might say or like to think and i like your 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' way of thinking, but its easy to say that race has no bearing on anything from the vantage point of being a white male in a majority white country.

While different amounts of help and guidance are offered to people based on their geo-graphical and economic situations, I would strongl;y argue that different opportunities are available to people based on race. That is an outdated and redundant way of thinking which if anything only helps to work against a United Kingdom.

tom pr

nasty jack - 'superstar': worst song by a grime artist to come out since that double o one with the swagapella at the end, or what?

S

simon silverdollar

tom pr said:
nasty jack - 'superstar': worst song by a grime artist to come out since that double o one with the swagapella at the end, or what?

yeah its such a shame that he sings in it. he's a great MC though.

tom pr

I think he's alright. couple of good tunes with him in this year ('in the place' and the one off that street starz mixtape) but always thought he was one of the weaker ones in NASTY. havent heard him (or anyone, really) on radio in time though, so he might have stepped up his game for all i know.

gumdrops

Logan Sama said:
While different amounts of help and guidance are offered to people based on their geo-graphical and economic situations, I would strongl;y argue that different opportunities are available to people based on race. That is an outdated and redundant way of thinking which if anything only helps to work against a United Kingdom.

im guessing you meant you would argue against the idea that different opportunities are available to people depending on their race. i love the idealism here, and i agree with your previous points that people sometimes simply need to get off their arses, accept that they are in charge of their own lives, and stop blaming everything wrong with their own lives on others, but i find it funny how some people will do whatever they can and bend over backwards to dismiss the mere possibility that there might be racism in the UK. england prides itself on being a 'tolerant' society and it is but that doesnt mean racism is non-existent here. but if it makes you feel better by thinking that race has nothing to do with anything, and that's its simply all in people's minds, then good for you man.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
A bunch of new video clips of Jammer, Skepta and Chronik on my blog, some from the last FWD and a few other raves. Yes, this is that most hated of dissensus posts a piece of self promoting grime spam, I figure if anywhere this is the thread for it. On the one from Sheffield near the bottom you can hear two new tunes of mine with Chronik and Jam over them.

http://www.wearechangeagent.com/shadeblog

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I am not saying racism has been eradicated from the UK. I am saying that to young people there are opportunities there to make much more of their lives than becoming small time weed sellers and benefit claimants. And if it was a racial issue, why are there so many equally disillussioned and aimless white kids in London doing the same thing?

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
Cos there are about 59 million white people in the UK and less than 1 million black people.

So if there are the same amount of 'aimless white kids seling weed' as there are black kids, that only goes to show there is racism and there are not the same oppourtunities for you if you are not white. Or else there would be 59 aimless white kids per aimless black kid. And that is clearly not the case.

I'm white, but come from a mixed race family and over the years we've had this discussion a lot. My cousin came over from Sri Lanka with nothing and now runs a very successful chain of hotels. He will tell you England is great and you can make it here regardless. But I know several black ex-pats here in NY who would never go back to the UK because they think it's so much harder there to get a job etc if you are a minority. New York may be more segregated, but the colour of your skin, so I'm told, is less of an issue with employers than it is in the UK.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
So you are ytrying to tell me that the white man is bringing in the Asians into commerce and industry but blocking out Blacks?

That's nonsensical.

C

captain easychord

if i can make a musical interjection for a sec i gotta say that logan, those scorcher dubs you played are absolutely sick.

outraygeous

i dont feel scorcher
hes got alot bars that he can reel off but he uses the rest of his crews hooks. thats kinda lazy but gets instant responce

but we will see what a gwan in 06 for the man.

no doubt he will do something which will change my mind, if jme can do it then im sure this guy can.

for 06 i wana hear syer b on more beats

C

captain easychord

meridian will be killing it in 2006 , i personally like how they all use each other's bars.

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
Logan Sama said:
So you are ytrying to tell me that the white man is bringing in the Asians into commerce and industry but blocking out Blacks?

That's nonsensical.

I'm just trying to tell you it's very subjective.

Woebot

mpc said:
i do chemistry at ucl, which is basically lots of dull maths and physics (quantum mechanics) plus lots of jargon about how to describe the energy states of electrons using lots of other jargon + lots of other useless information that i'm forced to learn. :mad: :( :eek: :D :p

i did some maths options in first year that involved orthogonalising matrices and stuff like that, which i still haven't grasped and hopefully will never need to. :D

Anyway, don't let me kill the discussion. Carry on kids.

i keep telling mpc he should do more with his chemistry. i reckon kool keith must have some kind of science degree. and yeah logan should bring the maths in too.

(only half kidding)