GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
yeah.. um.. i want to hear the full thing before i comment. i understand why they're made, but album samplers with two minute clips of each song do my head in.

Tootsi

My latest show on rinse.fm some very big new grime vocals along with the usual hour instrumental mix

http://www.rinse.fm/podcasts/Tootsi28807.mp3

Slix - Baby
Syer B - Syerworx
P Money - Prince (gully brook lane vocal)
Revolver - Cause im coldblooded
Big Rem, Dottamus, Little Dee - Best of
Tinchy Stryder - Dance 4 now
Loudmouth - Give me
Dizzee Rascal & Newham Generals - My life
Ghetto - Just begun
Lethal B & Ghetto - You'll get wrapped
P money - what did he say
Jammer - Burnin
Doller Da Dustman - Bounces Road
Wiley, Riko, Flo Dan - Fire
Revolver - WAR
D Double - Supadoop
Musical Mobb - Pulse X
Maniac - Devil
Maniac - Classical
Tru Omega - Gully brooklane refix
DXP - Steamtrain
Shotz - Simon and the witch
??? - Brukshot riddim
Dreama - Silly
Kaos - 8 man regiment
Shotz - Dont like
D-Structo - Parsounds
Skream - Sandsnake
Rude Kid - Alien skank
Skepta - Stageshow
Tru omega - All in 1-2 refix
Wario - One four zero
Skream & Plastician - Black ghosts rmx
Silencer - WW4
Dreama - Soon
Garna - Round one
Skeamz - Lucozade energy
Colours - Hold on

Remember catch me every saturday night 1-3am www.rinse.fm

www.myspace.com/tootsi87

NEW LINK

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I just listened to VICE Magazine journalist Prancehall's mixtape Anger Is A Gift, and it is very good.

Made up almost entirely of exclusives and one-aways orchestrated by Prancehall and his producer and VICE magazine mates, it actually ends up coming off as honest, dedicated and entirely unpretentious (three qualities you usually wouldn't associate with VICE magazine).

The way he has carefully directed, selected and arranged the tracks reveals a more fun, tongue-in-cheek party-oriented side of grime music that is too often ignored in favour of appealing to the usual aggressive reload-centric style of selection and mixing, or the darker bassline obsession that have guys like Tubby and Plasticman toeing the dubstep border.

He also mixes in a lot of contemporary southern hip hop and dancehall which, compared to previous efforts by other DJs to do this (see: Semtex's hack-job "Crunk and Grime" tape), is the best attempt yet at providing a cohesive view of how these genres relate and make sense together.

Also, he takes the piss out of Logan and Cameo in the intro, which is fuckin hilarious.

Get it at prancehall.blogspot.com

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
What's a one-away? Like a one off special or something?

Yeah I'm referring to the one-off specials that he made happen himself, e.g. getting Jammer to do a freestyle over the Britney Spears' Toxic beat, Slu Dem over a remix of a song from the Bugsy Malone soundtrack, etc.

why doesnt scratchy d put more effort into his life? he can be brilliant when he's motivated, why has he never put a mixtape out and why did that trim & scratch thing never come out, i found an mp3 from that called It's Like, and its fire

gumdrops

scratchy is right up there with geeneus/dump valve stuff/plastician and tubby when it comes to 'avant'-grime productions... i dont know why more of his stuff isnt released. he should have a much bigger catalogue to his name.

speaking of which, i wish those wizzbit beats old school 2 and 2600 (the former in particular) would get released.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
scratchy's been killing it lyrically for ages as well - some of my favourite bars of recent times. his lack of workrate is a crying shame.

not just production though - when he puts thought into it he comes up with some really good bars - he's got a great delivery and flow about him, i think its a real shame hes not doing more stuff in his own right rather than a roll deep tag-a-long. someone tell him to do a mixtape please