GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
Will be going through the album tonight with Skepta on the show. Giving away some signed CD copies too, a week before the release.

that was a great show i've gotta say - an hour (or whatever it was) of skepta interview sounded a bit much but it was pretty deep, and funny, and revealing - maybe because he was so drunk. really recommend the listen again function for this one.

i am still quite literally lmao at his mum texting in to say he had to stop sending for other mcs.

skepta sending for wiley as well... !!

mos dan

fact music
Joke send?

nah it wasn't a joke. but i dunno how serious it was either. wil posted a thread on rwd saying 'skepta's good, but come on, i'm still the king around here, skepta's not on my level' or something like that.. skepta disagreed.

i dunno if anything will come of it.. it might've been just the drink talking. skepta told me last week he really just wants to focus on promoting his album, not warring, right now. but y'know, you can take the grime mc out of the lyrical war, but you can't take the lyrical war... etc

gumdrops

hmmm. how long is this set (in hours and minutes)? i'm wondering if i have it or not...

not sure what the length is (i edited mine down so its just the live set) but its one of the best sets ive heard. big crew sets are good but when you have a smaller number or just *one* (superb) mc on his own, its more cohesive. anyway, its from the 3rd sep 06.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
excellent interview with trim at blackdown...

B: What’s the 12 Monkeys theme about on the artwork?

T: The film was not used the right way, they never had 12 real goonbags. Ha. I think that the 12 monkeys that represent the circle that are gonna be here when I’ve left. And I’m not saying “left” as in getting a record deal I’m saying if I don’t get a record deal by the end of this year, I’m leaving and I’m gonna make sure these people have got a better chance than I have.

B: You’re gonna leave MCing?

T: Yeah I’m not gonna force it too much just do these mixtapes, start another project, get onto it by the end of the year and then by January if I haven’t heard anything, I’m outty.

B: You can’t leave Trim!

T: I can’t leave? Watch me! Wiley said he was leaving, he came back. I’m not Wiley, I’m not gonna come back. So these labels better fix up, look sharp. Holler at a boy because I’m willing to work. I got the words. The scene better not let me leave, I want to get a record deal.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! someone sign trim NOW :mad:

john eden

male pale and stale
Wow, that's full on.

I was listening to Soulfood 1 for the first time in a while last night. I kinda binged on it before so had to leave it. Still sounds excellent now though.

viktorvaughn

Wicked interview.

Wiley on RWD - 'this aint about me or ghetto, its about me and skepta and i know in my heart that wiley vs skepta aint skepta vs ghetto i wont let skepta get away with a quick victory'

gabriel

The Heatwave
weird that trim says both that "my parents are st lucian...they speak broken french" but then also says his dad is dancehall artist lee van cliff, who i've always presumed is jamaican. also cos as far as i was aware (could be wrong, this is information gleaned from a super cat lyric) lee van cliff is dead... ?

weird also that he says "He was a reggae artist, well I don’t know if he was… he was on…" and then tails off...

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
yeah I asked about that before when I was doing the review for The Wire -

on track 2, the gangsters skit, trim says,

my dADs Levine Clint from Jamaica
ask about him
he aint famous

so maybe not the dj mentioned above

Maybe it's biological vs social parents...

be interesting to know.

gabriel

The Heatwave
Maybe it's biological vs social parents...be interesting to know.

yeah that's the obvious answer, but still doesn't answer the questions posed by contradictory stuff trim says e.g. "he ain't famous" b/w "Bruv you gotta do your history. He was a reggae artist" - or the fact that lee van cliff is apparently dead...

blackdown, when you asked "is he gone?" is that what you meant?

UFO over easy

online mahjong
such an interesting interview.. first proper trim feature I've seen.

I love him trying to describe his work process, how he writes and stuff - it's almost like he doesn't understand how deep he is. Or he does, but he can't articulate it in normal converastion, outside of rhyme. Something like that..