GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

thats a good set. skepta sounding good. jme not really sounding good, cos hes not very good.... frisco sounds like scratchy, but a shit version though... jammers a big mc.

everyone got ghetto on their mind cos they know hes better than them. simple as that.

you're on crack - jme MURKS that set - "i go to HMV and say mixtape mixtape mixtape!" had me creasing the whole way through

the beats are fucked aswell - some really cold minimal grime going on again which is nice to see

never been a fan of frisco - scratchy always way better, but he does okish

skepta's pretty sharp too

great set

PS Grimewave leaked and its crap - why does wiley keep trying to make Songs? i swear hes never even made on good Song - wiley should stick to beats and bars

gumdrops

yeah im not a huge jme fan but the energy from him and skepta was nuts (and without being ott where mcs' bars become intelligible). and his bars fit nicely on the beat. he REALLY needs to get rid of the slow beats for his own songs.

mos dan

fact music
everyone got ghetto on their mind cos they know hes better than them. simple as that.

*throws up hands* no way. you can put skepta up against gimmick, sound effect or skippy flow man and he will merk them all. bbk remind everyone why they're pushing grime fwd so much in that set, musically, while their marketing nous is still - as it has been since 2006 - the best way of getting to that pot of gold at the end of the grimebow. ghetts is waste, in his attitude and his flow, sorry.

Benny Bunter

*throws up hands* no way.

Just defending JME mate, thats all. I thought ALL the MCs on this set are on good form, but for me JME stands out as an instantly recognisable, original voice in a way that someone like Skepta doesn't (as talented as he is). But it seems he's like Marmite or something from the impression I get on this forum...

And he's the funniest...

....and he's got the best way of saying 'BOY BETTA KNOW!'

So there :p

EDIT: Just realised your comment wasn't aimed at me, but still...

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
I just listened to microphone champs vol 1 and logan's oneaway style back to back.

I think I need a lie down now.

:cool:

mos dan

fact music
EDIT: Just realised your comment wasn't aimed at me, but still...

yeah i was talking about ghetto lol, not to you and not about jme ;)

for me jme is better on this set than the vast majority of his recorded tracks - for the reason gumdrops so eloquently explains:

hes good when hes on the right beats. give him something too slow and his already gappy delivery gets gappIER, which can be a bit wince-inducing.

luka

defeintely, sometimes on sets he has a hype verse or two and you think to yourself, you know wht jme is actually quite good, but anytime he goes in the studio the results are painful. so so embaressing.

Benny Bunter

i've got all 4 of jme's mixtapes, and i never listen back to them, while i listen back to almost all my other old mixtapes. he just makes me cringe. BBK was all the hype in 2006, but i never heard anyone recommend any of his mixtapes, when people were asking: what mixtapes should i know.

TBH not heard any of his mixtapes, they may well be totally shit (and what the hell is going on with that new album cover?). But I did like that 'Pence' track over a wiley beat. And he's a pretty good producer himself.

benjybars

village elder.
i'm sorry to go on about it but the beat @ 33mins is so BEZERK!

some of the best 2 minutes in grime. tru stories.

also.... ALSO.. the beat @ 46 mins!!!! another bonkers little riddim!

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
also, luka, what are you ON?!

jme's 'punch in the face bars' on this set>>> most other bars in grime.

and his 'yo yo blud blud don't get rude rude rudeboy boy boy you you you know that i don't normally slew slew slew me that'll be the end of you' are tooooooo much.

Last edited:

luka

i dunno, if you get pleasure out of listening to him then i'm pleased for you. to me personally ghettos first verse on fuck radio 5 is worth more than jmes whole career x 2. but i don't really care though, i know most of you love grime and i love it too so you like your mcs and i'll lie my mcs and leave it at that. im not prejudiced against him cos hes from north though. i like umm, i can't remember his name but he's got a big nose.... really long.

mos dan

fact music
i'm not a fan of jme's mixtapes either (tho he is fire on this set), but i would say: get 'tropical'. it is BRILLIANT. especially in this weather.