GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

i think i heard next hype (dubstep mixes tho) about 4 times in the night lol. tempz should have been there doing a PA. wished i saw newham gens on that stage but i got there too late.

Simon78

I didn't enjoy the night which was a shame as I had really been looking forward to it. The sound system in room 1 was ok (bit weak) but room 2 was terrible. Slimzee's selection was too much but it was so muffled, great set though.

Newham Generals were disappointing, Geeneus was alright but I don't think he should have been on in the main room it was too big. Room 2 should have been a Grime and Funky room I think.

I couldn't be bothered to wait for Marcus Nasty so left at 2. Only stayed there about 2 and a half hours.

I'm never going to go to Matter again, dry club.

Best bit of the night was listening to old Grime tapes round Slackk's and finding out he had the first FWD I went to as a mp3. Slimzee birthday set with Riko on the Mic! :D

gumdrops

yeah apart from the massiveness of the system in room 1, matter is an awful club. no atmosphere at all and room 2 was borderline unlistenable. i did enjoy the night but not as much as i thought i would.

Last edited:

tom lea

what you mean
just thought his set was really bait. big tune after big tune after big tune, and he played like a min of each. i know he's slick on cdjs, but nothing felt like a surprise, it was just like 'oh, this tune again' every time you heard an intro. where as with spyro he always surprises me with the stuff he pulls out.

i rate vectra, he's good on radio, just when i've seen him at raves this year he goes down the anthem route. fair play, the place was going off for it, but i wasnt into it.

benjybars

village elder.
there were about 4 glorious minutes at FWD last night when Tubby dropped Morgue with D Double and Footsie going b2b... :)

crowd went nuts. i left soon after that tho cos i thought it wasn't really gonna get any better than that and Tubby had gone back to Dub Police chainsaw riddims.

Oneman was good - straight funky & garage set.

Roska & Scratcha were heavy, although Roska seemed well baffled by the mixer! played a lot of new dubs tho.

really, really not feeling Zinc's house music tho. Pure swaggish breakbeat Ibiza house. waste.

Elijah

Butterz
there were about 4 glorious minutes at FWD last night when Tubby dropped Morgue with D Double and Footsie going b2b... :)

crowd went nuts. i left soon after that tho cos i thought it wasn't really gonna get any better than that and Tubby had gone back to Dub Police chainsaw riddims.

Oneman was good - straight funky & garage set.

Roska & Scratcha were heavy, although Roska seemed well baffled by the mixer! played a lot of new dubs tho.

really, really not feeling Zinc's house music tho. Pure swaggish breakbeat Ibiza house. waste.

If you want to relive it click here mate