GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Elijah

Butterz
event-190810.gif

Rinse FM tonight 1-3am with JME & Tre Mission hopefully as well ;)

If you missed the show with Trim & Scratchy grab that here

rrob

didn't anticipate seeing spyro on guardian music. looks slightly uncomfortable

<object width="460" height="370">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.guardian.co.uk/video/embed"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
<param name="flashvars" value="endpoint=http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/video/2010/jul/29/tinchy-stryder-how-i-wrote-video/json"></param>
<embed src="http://www.guardian.co.uk/video/embed" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="460" height="370" flashvars="endpoint=http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/video/2010/jul/29/tinchy-stryder-how-i-wrote-video/json"></embed>
</object>

Blackdown

nexKeysound

interesting piece...

"Giggs is from Peckham in south London where he says only nerds listen to grime."

are there no south grime crews from peckham? you certainly couldnt make this statement in east...

"talking to these three artists, it is clear they all have confidence in common. Confidence in their own abilities, sure, but also in the sense that the music they are making is authentic and different from what preceded it"

well written piece, but the utter irony is that all the acts he lists especially pro green, tinchy, dizzee, wiley etc have had to massively change their music to even feature on the guardian's radar enough to warrant an interview where paul can say the words "the music they are making is authentic and different." the process to get them there has made them increasingly less authentic and different... and more like their new found (commercial pop) surroundings.

Bunj

That article makes a very simple phenomenon seem complex imo.
Just like Dizzee before, uk mc's from whatever scene are adapting their style to fit into what is in vogue and what will ultimately sell units for them and the labels. Doesn't matter whether its hip hop, disco, drum n bass, house, reggae whatever... I mean that new skibba summertime tune... whoda thunk it!! all about p's and exposure though innit
More power to all of them, apart from prof Green who is without a doubt the uk's most overrated battle mc. His tunes are shit too.

rubberdingyrapids

tragic that you only now see tinchy and them popping up from the guardians front page when theyre making some of their worst music ever.
also odd cos i really cant see the typical guardian reader being into it.
the sun or news of the world however, that might work better.
not like the guardian never covered grime before of course, they did, but its a bit sad that this is the only urban music they really seem to cover again and again (havent they done quite a lot of pieces on the new 'urban pop' now?)

Simon78

Two new Crazy Titch tunes. I'm so happy :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Big show last night. Skepta's remix of Hello Good Morning got wheeled about 7 times, Diddy called the show. Bit mad really.

Listen back to the show in full www.totalkiss.com/logan

benjybars

village elder.
so are skepta and diddy big mates now?

it sounds really weird hearing diddy say the word 'skepta' in his american accent.
very wrong

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I wish I could listen to Logan's show but apparently you're only allowed to tune in outside of the UK if you have an iPhone.

Benny Bunter

I enjoyed listening to Diddy/Skepta tune there, cheers. It sounded hype listening to it like that on Logan's show and I'm pleased for Skepta, not sure what significance it might have in the grand scale of things though. :slanted:

Simon78

Really enjoyed Just Jam on Wednesday. Chronik MCing with Spooky on the turntables was so good, it was rammed and going off in there.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The first tune on that video is Emvee - Powerful Leg. No idea when its out but I'm loving it.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Really enjoyed Just Jam on Wednesday. Chronik MCing with Spooky on the turntables was so good, it was rammed and going off in there.

This was really really good. You missed out if you weren't there basically.