GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

was at rough trade east last night - they have a section for 'dubstepwonkyfunky'. found some butterz 12s in there but grime wasnt on the section title. :slanted:

jimitheexploder

Can anyone ID some of these?

I think the first beat is by DOK, the second one is bugging me I've heard it quite a bit but cant place what it is. Its brilliant too. Then there is a sweet bit of Terror Danjah.

Its off Ben UFO's Trilogy Tapes mixtape, its quality. Big up ben!

*edit*

Its bloody Grimey Princess by Joker innit... slipped my mind.

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
was at rough trade east last night - they have a section for 'dubstepwonkyfunky'. found some butterz 12s in there but grime wasnt on the section title. :slanted:

Not enough other people doing it atm. Will take time, im happy for it to be placed with other genres anyway, at least people who dont know much about it will look at it, maybe take a listen.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Personally I like the way grime has gone on, with the exception of brief and fickle flashes of media hype, so unassuming. To me it's the reason it has been able to remain so focused and self-regulating in a way other UK dance genres haven't. It hasn't quite yet been subjected to the outside pressure that results in the forced mutations and hysterical modernism that has been turning me off, well, dubstep in particular.

It's still made largely for its audience, by its audience, and that's a rare commodity these days.

Benny Bunter

Personally I like the way grime has gone on, with the exception of brief and fickle flashes of media hype, so unassuming. To me it's the reason it has been able to remain so focused and self-regulating in a way other UK dance genres haven't. It hasn't quite yet been subjected to the outside pressure that results in the forced mutations and hysterical modernism that has been turning me off, well, dubstep in particular.

It's still made largely for its audience, by its audience, and that's a rare commodity these days.

I agree and I think its similar with regards to funky, which has had quite a long run by now and is still producing lots of good stuff.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes

rough trade have never really supported grime, or r and b unless its 30 years old, they never supported garage etc unless it's the kinda fashionable white kid kind of nowdays , saying that they got behind dubstep early, they deal with techno and experimental electronics and all that blog music, but their main concerns are with the many offshoots of playing a guitar badly music. ;)

Last edited:

jimitheexploder

Interview and mix with Royal T

http://www.sonicrouter.com/2011/01/interview-royal-t-butterz.html

0. Sonic 2 - Emerald Hill Zone
1. Royal-T - Chaos Emerald
2. JME - Shut Up And Dance
3. Royal-T - Shut The Funk Up
4. Royal-T - Bounce
5. Spooky - Spartan (DOK Remix)
6. TRC - Oo Aa Ee (Royal-T Remix)
7. S-X - Woooo Riddim (DJ Q Remix)
8. S-X - Woooo Riddim (Royal-T Remix)
9. D Double E - Bad To The Bone
10. Oxide - Nuff Of Dem Watch Me (Instrumental)
11. Wiley - It’s Wiley (Royal-T Remix)
12. Royal-T - Orangeade VIP
13. Swindle - Mood Swings
14. Yasmin - On My Own (Royal-T Remix)
15. Mr Slash - 1999
16. Royal-T - Royal Rumble
17. The Streets - Skills On Toast

Boom! This mix is well nice.

gumdrops

this diddy and skepta project thing sounds cool, but its a bit bloody late isnt it. though i suppose back in 2002/03 there was still enough going on in american hip hop for diddy to think anything going on over here wasnt worth paying attention to.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
rough trade have never really supported grime, or r and b unless its 30 years old, they never supported garage etc unless it's the kinda fashionable white kid kind of nowdays , saying that they got behind dubstep early, they deal with techno and experimental electronics and all that blog music, but their main concerns are with the many offshoots of playing a guitar badly music. ;)

you're right but there are so many more institutions far more guilty of this, dontcha reckon?

jimitheexploder

Feeling the mix Royal T did for us a lot. He's really on it. He's got a load of sick garage infused grime beats (those TRC, Wiley remixes, etc...) on there that just kill it. The first track 'Chaos Emerald' even sounds like some mad d'n'b/grime thing. Oh and he recorded himself mashing the gamepad/playing sonic for the intro which is just too much :')