GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Benny B

Heronbone and silver dollar written out of grime blogging history!

Benny B

Looks like most of the bloggers in this article didn't get started till after Grime's arguably most exciting moment had already passed, if you take the peak to be around 2003/04 or thereabouts.

Benny B

Everyone's very positive about Stormzy etc. I suppose it's nice on one level to be glad people are doing well, but it would have been good to see someone say that's it's all been debased since then and what we have now is watered down shite

Last edited:

Benny B

I came very late to it myself but I remember seeing links to silverdollar and heronbone on woebot all the time (no mention of him either, though obviously he wasn't a 'grime blogger'') and they definitely predate most of the ones in this article

luka

i used to make up stories about grime people and prancehall would copy them as if they were real. i made one up about discarda snatching someones starter cap and chucking off a block of flats and he put it straight in his blog like it was the gospel truth lol

wild greens

JP wasn't around till grimeforum days and seemed to coincide with bassline more than anything, so makes sense that he doesn't know the minutae of early bloggers.

He did run one of the very few good grime raves of the late 00s in Chockablock, though, so not all bad

Shame grime is shit now really but nothing lasts forever eh

wektor

stumbled upon via book of this canadian man I invited over for a talk a few motnhs back
very interesting London/Houston mixture:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Stumbled across these investigating wileys connections to dnb, some pretty interesting/funny convos to be listened to