GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Anyway, what the FUCK is that Little Dee/Danny Weed thing? It sounds fucking amazing. Same sample and he's fucking switched it again, I badly, badly want to see a CD of his instrumental development released. Badly.

They help the uninitiated and the more 'road' type listener get into Grime by having these established reference points and fearsome attitude which certain listeners can connect with better than the more innovative producers and MCs which can only be a good thing. Overall I think they are essential to Grime's continued success.

dont really see how more 'road' type people would in any way be intimidated by grime, i'd have thought it would be the opposite

i think they just tried to do their thing, it didnt work that well - they got some good tunes out of it, but they realised that they sound better with the one line flows on grimey beat, look at scorcher not no talker etc... when he was on ruff sqwad rinse sessions set everyone was like wow.

please if you havent downloaded this, get it. have been listening back to it the past few days and its just incredible, a real riot. Spooky, Vectra and Furious back to back with Jendor and NE passing through at the end. The accapella juggling is just manic

http://rinsefm.blogspot.com/2007/09/vectra-7th-september.html

Last edited:

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Someone who dislikes someone but has no rational reason to do so is a hater. Seeing as you think all their music sounds like dated east coast bullshit posturing rap, and they need to do more Ruff Sqwad productions, then you have no reason to dislike them because you are factually incorrect on both counts.

You hater. Embrace it man. Don't be ashamed of what you are.

HAhahahahahahahahah. OK Logan. I will. I love hating! Wheeeee!

I feel like I just woke up and realized I was arguing with a lamp post.

Thank you for informing me what my opinion was (I had no idea!) even if, in the end, somehow, you have decisively proven that said opinion is in fact, factually incorrect. I didn't know it was possible but you have done it. Your powers of logic astound and amaze me. You are the rhetorical equivalent of Wolverine. I am awestruck and will do my best never to have an opinion again, not to mention have the audacity to express it in a public forum like the internets. Please express this to your fellow members of the movement fan club along with my sincerest and most contrite apologies.

I do this for fun, and sometimes it actually is.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Your opinion could be no less factually incorrect than if you had proferred to me that you were of the belief that the sky was in fact Green. Although you would be equally as rightful to hold said opinion as you are that 'Movement need to do more Ruff Sqwad beats', despite saying the only two tracks you liked from them were.... not any of the Ruff Sqwad produced offerings.

At least you are amusing yourself. And me. But the latter is clearly not intentional. :)

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Glad we were all entertained.

So who produced Weighty and Good Old Days? I did indeed think it was someone from Ruff Sqwad.

mos dan

fact music
Good Old Days is by Rapid, no?

i believe so. lol at the ruff sqwad public transport question.

so i abandon the internet for a week and the only discussion on the grime thread is about whether the movement are bait hiphop or not.. all i know is i'm very pleased that Class of 07 (wiley on scorcher's beat) is getting a release. that one is going to get played at a truly anti-social volume in sw17. krumping may occur.

i can't d/l that Bax Dem mp3 right now (i think i might already have it..), but i thought Tempz had already found the perfect beat - it was that Klaxons refix.. vocal was called Are You Fucking Crazy. that tune makes me want to break things too.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
i can't d/l that Bax Dem mp3 right now (i think i might already have it..), but i thought Tempz had already found the perfect beat - it was that Klaxons refix.. vocal was called Are You Fucking Crazy. that tune makes me want to break things too.

Funny I just been rinsing that aaaaall today.

What i like about the Bax Dem is the vocal production, he's up and downtuned the vocals, and it sounds like what I felt when ragga started getting weird in the early nineties, that kinda totally out of tune but sounds perfect thing. That and it really reminds me of PiL, but alot of grime is reminding me of Lydon at the moment.

yes both of those tempa t tunes are off a compilation someone did on some grime forum in anticipation of a mixtape, can upload if you like.

i think tempa t is the strongest link between punk and grime at the moment, watching him perform is something else - you get a sense of it if you check out some of his youtube videos, the guy is so hyped, relentless.

what do people think about skepta's album then?

i thought that it was ok, but only because the strength of his mc'ing carried it. Some decent tracks, duppy, single, that drum and bass one isnt bad but mostly the beats let it down. if skepta didnt sound so singular and aggressive when he spits then i dont think this would have stood up at all. oh and i fucking hate the sweet mother tune, although props for him taking a gamble on that.

it seems as though hes aping roll deep - in at the deep end, trying to diversify as much as possible in terms of targeted audience, i dont know whether hes doing that because boy better know is so popular with the student crowd etc etc, and i can appreciate that he wants to spit so that everyone can understand him, and that he wants to leave the gun talk behind, all very big - but for an album called "greatest hits" he's denying some of the bars that elevated him to where he is now.

so far theres only ever been one amazing grime album, maybe they should give up on it as a format? or if not, then approach it in a more uncompromised way.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
i think tempa t is the strongest link between punk and grime at the moment, watching him perform is something else - you get a sense of it if you check out some of his youtube videos, the guy is so hyped, relentless.

Yeah Rollins is Back Flag era Henry Rollins. If you haven't already heard it then our myspace has some brilliant audio of tempa t doing the battle riddim (self promotion I know but it is great)