GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I don't think it is you know. It's quite old and never got played by anyone I don't think.

By Taliban, do you mean Trim? He has the honour of closing out the CD.

Gutted. You should PM the 320 innit. ;)

Nah, sorry I meant Taliban the track. Wiley or Trim version. I like the rhythm too much though, probably.

tom pr

I didn't know there even was a Wiley version- was that on Tunnel Vision 6 or something?

Logan I'm gonna check out yr CD- there's a bunch of stuff I want to get from UKRC but I'm waiting on money...

Nah, bonus disc of Soul Food 2. There are a couple of alright tracks on that, once you get past everyone vocalling the same tune.

tom pr

I dont know where my soulfoods are (hadn't even listened to the bonus disc). I'm gonna have a proper look tonight when I tidy my room following the carnage of christmas wrapping.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
For anyone interested I did an old school garridge mix on my christmas eve show as a bit of fun.

I'm booked on NYE at the legendary Sun City rave which is making a come back, so I thought I would knock the rust off my 135bpm mixing.

You can download it here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6dwsvk

And tracklisting in case u wanted to know;

***OLD SCHOOL MIX UP***
SCOTT GARCIA / IT'S A LONDON THING / CONNECTED
ALLSTARS / WALK ON BY (STEVE GURLEY MIX) / ALLSTARS
DJ DOUBLE G / GET LOOSE / DFL
LENNY FONTANA / SPIRIT OF THE SUN (STEVE GURLEY MIX) / PUBLIC DEMAND
DOM P & DYNAMITE / TOGETHER / MOS WANTED
MS DYNAMITE / RAMP / P
M DUBS / FOR REAL / BABYSHACK
ROBBIE CRAIG / LESSONS IN LOVE / PUBLIC DEMAND
USL / MAKIN LOVE / URBAN DUBZ
SO SOLID CREW / OH NO / PAPER MONEY
BANANA REPUBLIC / CATCH THE FEELING (TUFF JAM MIX) / CATCH
NEW HORIZONS / FIND A PATH (INSPIRATION DUB) / 500 REKORDS
UNITED GROOVES COLLECTIVE / GLAD U CAME TO ME (STEVE GURLEY MIX) / PUBLIC DEMAND
DJ LUCK & MC NEAT / AIN'T NO STOPPIN US / RED ROSE
TUFF JAM / KEY DUB / i!
Y TRIBE / ENOUGH IS ENOUGH (TIMBUK2STEP MIX) / NORTH WEST
GOLDIE / BELIEVE (BUMP N FLEX DUB) / WYZE
M DUBS FT RICHIE DAN / OVER HERE / SUGARSHACK
BRASSTOOTH / PLEASURE / WELLBUILT
ZAK TOMS / BRING ME DOWN / UVM
GODSGIFT / MIC TRIBUTE / IUNITED GROOVES
DIVINE SOUL / SHAKE THAT ASS / STRICTLY RHYTHM
SUNSHIP / CHEQUE 1 2 / FILTER
RESERVOIR DOGS / BUDDHA FINGER / RESERVOIR DOGS
ANGIE STONE / NO MORE RAIN (WOOKIE DUB) / ARISTA
ARTFUL DODGER / IT AINT ENOUGH / PUBLIC DEMAND
PHAZE ONE / NICOLE'S GROOVE / RELENTLESS
RESTLESS NATIVES / I WANNA KNOW / NORTH WEST
CLUB ASYLUM / FREEK N U / CLUB ASYLUM
KP / I NEED A RHYTHM / NO FRILLS
TODD EDWARDS / NEVER FAR FROM YOU (SUNSHINE BROTHERS MIX) / i!

Ach!

Turd on the Run
A couple ruff squad ones

http://rapidshare.com/files/79235302/Ruff_Sqwad__Spitting__-_Deja_Vu_-_26_Apr_2004-t_m_s.mp3

i have a few more ruff squad ones but not many, if any1 has wants the rest i can up but would like a few more myself

Ha! I ripped that Ruff Sqwad one with -t_m_s at the end. Was someone asking for the Christmas Day set on Rinse from 2005 when all of North London was on? If so I still have a wav on my HD which I can rip to mp3 if someone requests it.

tom pr

I'd love the Christmas day set if you can mate. I even have Flowdan's Christmas message as my facebook quote but I havent had it on my hard drive for ages.

blubeat

blubeat
Is anyone else listening to Trim (live) on Westwood right now? The whole of the first hour has been Grime. I'm sure Trim just said Flowdan doesn't deserve his name and that he (Trim) is a real Flow dan...

Audio from 23/12/2007:

http://www.grimegenre.com/Westwood_Rips

It's split into chunks by artist and the Trim interview.

thanks very much for those... i hate rapid share though, you have to wait over an hour to DL something after you DL one file!
Yeah, especially when mediafire is getting so good now. If I don't have time to download I can just "add to my files" instantly and download it later.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

seems like trim is definately influencing the style of his younger circle members (Trow?, Joe? 4.30 into the main part) seriously catting some style, sounds good though. beats sounding pretty great aswell,,... when's soulfood 3 dropping?

Yeah the circle youngers get better as they go on with this set. Liked the line about the girl who 'wants a piece of obese'! (Is that one of the MCs' names?) And the hilarious attempts not to swear...

yeah i think crunch was the guilty party - do the circle have a dedicated dj in their ranks? on listening back it seems that the beat selection was pretty shambolic, with no one having a clue what was on the cd they handed westwood. such a shame, although good on trim for mc'ing over stuff hes never heard before

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
Whoever it was that upped the 2003 Riko/Doogz set - safe for that, it's wall-to-wall hype. The scene has been a bit flat lately... total disillusionment with shoddy mixtapes had set in, but I'm really feeling the Badness mixtape. He rolls out some classics and just merks it.

'Hyper bashment' indeed...it's interesting to hear the dancehall and grime scenes fusing so seamlessly, shot through with dubstep. Where I live there isn't a 'scene', least of all a dancehall one. I guess this is where the terminology overlaps, 'dancehall' music with chatting that is distinctly nasty and ragga?
Here's to 2008 in grime, just hope it has more to offer than Soulfood 3...

massive big up to bun-u for last night it was off the hook! dirty canvas really has found a great home at rhythm factory, soooooo much more than the ica. wiley was fierce and focussed, although he wasnt on stage that long, tempa t just killed it dead, so much hype, that guy is amazing live, icekid was on for like 4 bars then got bundled off, jammer was there - brutal aswell i think. i think its great that all the mc's get on stage and dance together, jump around etc.. makes it so lively. then they all left and i thought the mc'ing was finished so i checked loefah out and he was so-so, not bad, but then ghetto showed up and all the mc's got back on stage and merked it again. ghetto was pure fire, my opinion of him has totally changed since fuck radio 5, he got straight reloads all night. and then ruff sqwad showed up who werent even billed, the full crew and did a mini set. too much.

then oneman smacked it in room 2 with his mix of old school dubstep and garage/grime, he even played that stush tune (dollar sign - from that roll deep - grimey album) which just capped off a great night.

shame there was a bit of hype with the mc's, jammer getting dashed off stage and all, but im not too sure what that was about.

once again thanks bun-u for putting on the only decent grime night in london!

benjybars

village elder.
yeah it was very very big!

shame wiley and ghetto didn't clash.. wiley was standing outside while ghetto was on stage..
but yeah it was pure hype last night.. brutal smacked it. temps also. lightning was good but got dragged off stage by ghetto when ruff sqwad turned up!

it was actually alot.