GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

blubeat

blubeat

I think that would be the popular opinion but his Sunday 1xtra show now is an extra Grime show each week with live PA's. It's never going to be the same as Logan's show but it's still another show and that has to be good for the genre. I think!

Tonight's show is Westwood on the road with Bashy and Sway...not really my cup of tea altho it's something to listen to in bed while I try to un-jetlag my sorry ass.

but entry isnt exactly cheap nowadays, 10er the last one. who's getting the cut?

The promoters, like always. this is just the way the music industry works. the artists are NEVER the ones making the real $ in any situation, hence the dawn of the "hip hop entrepreneur" in the states and JME endlessly going on about people bootlegging his t-shirts ;)

i really hate westwood

Aw...come on...leave the poor bumbling old fucker alone. he's practically an English cultural institution at this point- i reckon he should be knighted. His "hood" patter is priceless! i actually heard him say "The crumpet jumpoff is a powerful look out here" in an interview a while back.

This is how it's going down! Exactly! Makin Movin' Pictures! To all my Hood Figures!

!!!!!!!!!!BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Tim Westwood is a fucking comic genius. He never, ever fails to get the guests on his show laughing. The show with N-Dubz had me howling.

tom pr

I have too many favourite Westwood moments:

There was one they used to have on the Radio One site's archives, where he interviewed Russel Brand about heroin addiction, and after hearing Brand say he spent a lot of time looking out of windows and crying when in rehab, Westwood shouts 'DOG! YOU HAD <i>ISSUES!</i>'. He also got a crack is wack reference in there.

There was the time he asked Lil Jon whether he liked dark or white chocolate best, and the anti-smoking skit he did. 'This is Westwood! Smoking's a bad look; your breath stinks, and YOU'RE GONNA DIE!' The recent one with Griminal and Little NASTY was amazing, when they were trying not to swear and Westwood said that it didn't feel like a studio to them (including himself), it felt like they were spitting bars on a street corner. The time Riko and Wiley kicked off over Westwood mentioning Lethal B was another good one.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I liked the time Westwood asked Wiley, Skepta and JME if they had a Boy Better Know T in 5XL, and they laughed at him and reminded him they were in England.

My mate also apparently heard Westwood interview 50 Cent once where he quite literally said that if he could have his way with 50 he would "bend him over backwards", to which 50 replied "You nasty, Tim."

mos dan

fact music
hello grime, i miss you. no-one in rural new hampshire has heard of you, quel surprise. anyway, what's good?

viktorvaughn

Any live stuff coming up? FWD line-ups have been looking good recently - Maximum and Karnage on last two weeks. If they just had an hour of Grime every week that would be great.

tom pr

Any live stuff coming up? FWD line-ups have been looking good recently - Maximum and Karnage on last two weeks. If they just had an hour of Grime every week that would be great.
Karnage w/ Flowdan and Killa P to boot. I missed it though. Did Maxi come with any MCs?

gumdrops

i agree about westwood. there should be websites dedicated to preserving his radio highlights. the guy is an institution. hes also the most influential british urban deejay if you look at how much his style has er 'filtered' down to cameo, semtex, logan, etc etc.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Westwood - It's an ugly situation

Favourite Westwood moment in print rather than (I think this was in Metro IIRC), discussing Pimp My Ride he said: We put a beach in someone's car. That's a strong look.
He also wrote this, somewhere: As a club DJ I rock bangers that create crazy excitement in the party. The orginal was a hood classic - so big they made me a special - a revoiced version dedicated to me. Shit is straight banging ATL trap music meets JA shottas. It's an ugly situation which is simply put, some of the best music journalism ever.

I actually have some tapes of him back in the day (on Kiss), and he was a lot more restrained then. he sounded almost completely normal.

tox

Factory Girl
To add to the Westwood snippets, I heard him standing in for Kelly Osbourne on the Sunday Surgery the week before last... Dishing out advice to over emotional teens possibly isn't the strongest of looks for the big man, but it did make for entertaining radio as he told a distraught love-lorn listener to "keep it movin' dog" and not to let a woman "bend him out of shape" - quality.

continuum

smugpolice
OGz over Dubstep on N'Type's show last night was good.
Still haven't received your Crismix from UKRS yet Logan. Downloaded it from the link further up the thread though. Need more mixes like that.

crackerjack

Aw...come on...leave the poor bumbling old fucker alone. he's practically an English cultural institution at this point- i reckon he should be knighted. His "hood" patter is priceless! i actually heard him say "The crumpet jumpoff is a powerful look out here" in an interview a while back.

Was watching one of those list shows the other day - Greatest Comedy Catchphrases - and realised something I'd never clocked bnefore. Westwood's patter may be NY hood, but his cadence is pure Fonz.
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/fonz.html