GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
this is probably as good a place as any to say congrats to mr Blackdown for getting a slot on rinse! really really looking forward to your first show.

gabriel

The Heatwave
Ice Rink Riddim

Was the ice rink riddim built using play station presets? Am including Riko's vocal on it on the Soul Jazz An England Story compilation and the label is worried that it's not 100% legit...

Aaaahahahaha all these Westwood gems have made my day. Especially

We put a beach in someone's car. That's a strong look.

I've got the clip of the infamous G-unit show on my old hd. it's a couple of subsidary members i think rather than Fifty? Some bloke and a bird as well- she's particularly taken aback

"You know I've been the biggest G-Unit fan from day one dog. I'm just like, take me back to the hotel and bend me over...."

Westwood deserves his own thread!

OGz over Dubstep on N'Type's show last night was good.

was locked...did i imagine a bunch of bierkeller d n b at the end? some german dude? or was that the next show?? was a long night :confused:

Was the ice rink riddim built using play station presets? Am including Riko's vocal on it on the Soul Jazz An England Story compilation and the label is worried that it's not 100% legit...

Don't think so...that used to be rumoured about plenty of riddims starting with "Pulse X"...almost like an urban myth although it was true in a couple of places...be impressive if it was

i prefer the Tinchy vocal ;)

viktorvaughn

Don't think so...that used to be rumoured about plenty of riddims starting with "Pulse X"...almost like an urban myth although it was true in a couple of places...be impressive if it was

i prefer the Tinchy vocal ;)

I thought Pulse X definitely was made on a PS? There is a Radio1 documentary where a 16yr old Benga builds a basic beat on a PS, it's quality. It was on the dot-alt blog a while back, you might have seen it...

gabriel

The Heatwave
thanks. surely using preset sounds isn't a problem anyway, i would've thought, if you've built something unique with them?

I thought Pulse X definitely was made on a PS? There is a Radio1 documentary where a 16yr old Benga builds a basic beat on a PS, it's quality. It was on the dot-alt blog a while back, you might have seen it...

musical mob always denied it themselves...who knows? if it was it had to have been fucked around with afterwards. i think "trim and scratch" was one of the beats that actually was made on playstation...some were fer sure

yeah i thought presets, like sample banks etc were beyond copyright?

continuum

smugpolice
musical mob always denied it themselves...who knows? if it was it had to have been fucked around with afterwards. i think "trim and scratch" was one of the beats that actually was made on playstation...some were fer sure

yeah i thought presets, like sample banks etc were beyond copyright?

Sure I read somewhere Pulse-X was made on a PS. The original pressing had the hiss from the dodgy connection on the console or something. Most presets are exempt from copyright and free to use however you wish on music production software from personal experience.

Regarding N-Type's show last night - I switched off after OGz but just before that N-Type was saying he had met some Dubstep producers in Germany and was gonna play their take on the sound so maybe that is what you heard.

Blackdown

nexKeysound

Logan will know more, but i think i remember there being talk of Wiley using the Planet Phat card - but i dont know if this was for Ice Rink specifically.

sure it will be fine though.... presets are there to be used, royalty free - no?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
OG's on N-Type's show???
Blackdown has a spot on Rinse???

Where the fuck have I been?!

PS: Whoever mentioned that Russell Brand/Westwood interview: Is it as good as it sounds? I can't imagine a more ridiculous interview in my head.

petergunn

plywood violin
thanks. surely using preset sounds isn't a problem anyway, i would've thought, if you've built something unique with them?

yeah, i am sure what the deal w/ that is... didn't swizz beats get sued by casio? not sure if that was over presets or over using actual demo songs on the keyboard (or even if it happened, could be a hot rap rumor...)

i wish wiley or whoever would repress the 12" w/ Dizzee's vocals like he did the riko/tinchy one...

Regarding N-Type's show last night - I switched off after OGz but just before that N-Type was saying he had met some Dubstep producers in Germany and was gonna play their take on the sound so maybe that is what you heard.

that'll be the one- dude came on a proper Miker G vibe

entertaining show.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
http://hosted.filefront.com/adamantiummusic/2149854

Newham Generals / Move To The Beat / Dirtee Stank
Riko Ft Scratchy / Don't Get Caught / Roll Deep
Skepta / Over The Top / Boybetterknow
Og's / Get Down / Organised Grime
Ruff Sqwad / Ruff Sqwad Man Dem / Ruffsqwad
Chipmunk Ft Double S, Ice Kid, Maveric & Griminal / Who Are You Remix / Alwayz
Griminal Ft Ghetto & Little Nasty / It's Normal / N.a.s.t.y.
Big H / No Fear / Bloodline
Nocturnal Ft Dimples & Chipmunk / Hard / Nite Knights
Dot Rotten / No Funds Available / Rotten Riddims
Brutal / Don't Get Involved
Scorcher Ft Wretch 32, Calibar / Tax Free Money Freestyle / Alwayz
Tinchy Stryder / Six Four Fire Freestyle / Ruffsqwad
Scru Face / Spit Slow / Dub
Devlin / Nothing New / J.clarke
Nasty Jack / Suck Your Nan / Dub
Footsie / It's Foots / Dirtee Stank
Doctor / Badman Thing (calm Down) / Gpp

***Frisco In The Studio***
Frisco Ft Double S & Chipmunk / Skengman Mode / Alwayz
Frisco / No Ediot / Alwayz
Frisco Ft Macksta / Uppin Levels / Alwayz
Frisco / Smile For The Camera / Alwayz

***Frisco & Macksta On The Mic***
Footsie / ????? / Dirtee Stank
Joker / Holly Brook Park / Dub
Davinche / What Is Mine / Adamantium
Apple / Mr Bean On Drugs / Dub
Dexplicit / Wakadoosa Vip / Adamantium Dubplate
Dot Rotten / Get Down / Rotten Riddims
Benga / Crunked Up / Tempa
Footsie / ????? / Dirtee Stank
Rapid / Valentines / Ruff Sqwad
Dexplicit / Big Picture / Adamantium
Wiley / Club 13 / Eskibeat
Maniac / Headshot / Adamantium
Skepta / Thuggish Ruggish / Dub
Oddz / Champion Vip / Southside
Stephen Mcgregor / Dark Again / Big Ship
Jme / Napa Prince / Boybetterknow
Wiley / Terrible / Solid City
Rapid / Gallery / Ruff Sqwad
Davinche / Gotta Man Vip / Adamantium
Footsie / It's Foots / Dirtee Stank
Benga & Coki / Night / Tempa
Maniac / What Da Rass / Adamantium
Davinche / End Of Time / Adamantium
Jme / Marios Flag / Boybetterknow
Rapid / License / Ruffsqwad

gumdrops

just tuned into that. has he played any grime yet? hope someone records this - id like a copy to put next to the semtex show he did. this seems pretty similar. was hoping it would be new music hes into, rather than old stuff but i like hearing what dizzee was into, even if its not all that surprising.

newham gens on now... dee sounds like hes been smoking a bit, lol. crap interview though so far...

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
just tuned into that. has he played any grime yet? hope someone records this - id like a copy to put next to the semtex show he did. this seems pretty similar. was hoping it would be new music hes into, rather than old stuff but i like hearing what dizzee was into, even if its not all that surprising.

newham gens on now... dee sounds like hes been smoking a bit, lol. crap interview though so far...

DIZZEE LIKES ICE ICE BABY!

instead of bringing the Newham Generals to every radio interview he does, he should bring out their album...

gumdrops

i swear he played half the same songs as he did on semtex's show. i love how his voice gets all nervous/funny/begrudging when he plays something garagey or more specifically, related to his early days, like when he played PAUG at the end. it probably doesnt bring up the best memories im guessing or he has still unresolved problems with certain people but still, you cant rewrite how you came up. still, nice to hear him big up target, geeneus and slimzee.

Last edited: