GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

getting kinda excited now. can't decide when to reach though. for 11pm? too early? (this debate may be moot if i get a lift heh)

any set times v much appreciated. i see from grimeforum vectra is on far too early, and plastician is on at 2am *shrugs shoulders*

are drinks ludicrously expensive in there?

What time is Vectra on? Can't check Grime Forum at work.

I want to know when Slimzee & Geeneus are playing.

ah well it'll be on the walls when you get in

best sets are the random ones you don't know about anyway, like Tubby b2b Slimzee with DEE last time. That was sick and I just stumbled onto it.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I am so jealous right now. My plans involve going to a night Martyn is not headlining because he wasn't allowed across the border at the last minute. :(

mos dan

fact music
ah well it'll be on the walls when you get in

best sets are the random ones you don't know about anyway, like Tubby b2b Slimzee with DEE last time. That was sick and I just stumbled onto it.

i'd forgotten that set, that was absolutely nuts!

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
u got a link to that set, slackk?

Well up for hearing that too.
Matter set times below;

Room 1
22:00-23:00 Alexander Nut
23:00-23:45 Vectra + Silencer
23:45-00:30 Newham Generals (LIVE)
00:30-00:40 Katy B (LIVE)
00:40-01:20 Geeneus + Tippa
01:20-02:00 Magnetic Man (LIVE)
02:00-02:15 Geeneus + Tippa
02:15-02:30 Ms Dynamite
02:30-03:15 Boy Better Know
03:15-04:15 Benga + Skream
04:15-05:15 N-Type + Youngsta
05:15-06:00 Spyro

MCs:
02:00 -03:00 Crazy D
03:00-05:00 Stamina + SP:MC

Room 2
23:00-23:45 Scratcha
23:45-00:30 Zinc
00:30-01:15 Slimzee
01:15-02:00 Crazy Cousinz + MC Versatile
02:00-03:00 Chef vs Plastician
03:00-04:00 Marcus Nasty
04:00-05:00 Caspa

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Whose brilliant idea was it to put the funky and the shit dubstep in the same room together? I can't think of a more awkward shift in gear.

gumdrops

quick review as i cant sleep -
slimzee was good, though the sound in room 2 was a bit shit, even when chef came on it was all distorted and underpowered
magnetic man was/were great, though the parts where benga spoke through the processed mic were a bit silly lol
didnt catch marcus nasty sadly - either i missed him or he was later, i dunno - anyone hear him?
BBK were good, lots of hype, no wiley though
ms dynamite was excellent
skream n benga were big though i didnt catch all their set.

good night, but didnt seem much in the way of spontaneity. im also not a huge matter fan. prob one of my least favourite venues actually.

was also surprised at how little funky and how much dubstep there was on the night.

Last edited:

tom lea

scratcha and alex nut were my fav sets. slimzee was cool, but the sound in that room suited funky more than it did those 8-bar dubplates. always sick to hear them out tho.

i'm rating vectra less and less as a rave dj these days, it's just big obvious drop after big obvious drop. but it was reassuring to see that after all this chat about dubstep taking the clubs & funky taking the streets that tunes like rhythm & gash and boy off the ting still got massive reactions. bigger than for any dubstep tune i saw.

tubby's selection was bait but it was good to see a room that size go nuts for foots n dee. had to go at 2 but i bet bbk and spyro were sick.