GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

is that a legit collabo? or just skepta doing a refix of a juelz track?

its weird that gangsters is the track thats blown wiley up. loads of djs seem to be playing it and people i know who never check for grime have mentioned it to me. which is a bit sad IMO as its like a sub-dipset track. wiley can do better as an MC.

gumdrops

im surprised no one has mentioned the cd/dvd pack of rinsessions - the night at ministry last december. got mine last week. not heard it yet but it also has - best of all - a geeneus mix-CD, which as its geeneus, will probably be brilliant.

TNT

Showerlip
This Saturday, Occii, Vondelpark, Amsterdam
dubgrime-kleurtjes2s.jpg

66 pound return stenal;ine- harwich to hook of holland + train to amsterdam
worth a reach,
Ribz, and a few IMP Batch and Midlands Mafia man touching mic, more TBC.

Tha Megatron

gumdrops said:
im surprised no one has mentioned the cd/dvd pack of rinsessions - the night at ministry last december. got mine last week. not heard it yet but it also has - best of all - a geeneus mix-CD, which as its geeneus, will probably be brilliant.

I got this a few weeks ago. The footage was crystal clear and the first half of the dvd had cool editing but the 2nd half, like around Bossman's set, was a bit choppy and the camera angles were a bit off in some cases. Otherwise it is a cool dvd/cd set and yeah the Gee mix is ill.

I was hoping there was at least a hour more of footage though but it was cool otherwise.

gumdrops

i hope the full newham gens set is on there - that was the best set of the night.

weirdly, i was listening to some old chamillionaire (houston rapper) stuff i had on my ipod and noticed that he disses dizzee, saying something like 'that aint hip hop' and that he will 'back slap you and turn you into dizzee rascal'.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Dunno how much interest there is in this, but I jsut got the FIFA World Cup "Soccer" game for the PS2, and Lady Sovereign's 9 to 5 is on the soundtrack.

Which brings up a question: Are people already distinguishing between "real" grime and "commercial" grime? Ive heard this recently, and, other than "grindie" i didnt know the scene was big enough to have sellouts yet.

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
gumdrops said:

is there a new rinsessions or is this the one that came out at the end of last year?

Tha Megatron

big satan said:
is there a new rinsessions or is this the one that came out at the end of last year?

This is a new one. Smaller package which is mainly the DVD of the Rinsessions rave that was held at Ministry of Sound and comes with 2 cds (Geeneus mix and a copy of the Roll Deep audio from the night i think...havent listened to it yet). Its my first time seeing Ministry on film (usa guy here) and that club is smaller than I imagined though from the looks of the video.

but yeah this is the new dvd from Rinse.

Cornflake

yeah i wouldnt mind copin it...still want to get roll deep's grime vol 1 just to see the new york footage...

Wiley/Jme playing Toronto next Saturday...i got to get my behind down for the show....

Immryr

FAO Simon SDC (or anyone else who knows): where did you get last weeks roll deep set from? i cant seem to find it on barefiles.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Picked up Ruff Sqwad's new Ep -- Rock Ep. I think it's one of their best! Three of them have a slower feel, with strong guitar pleasure. Reminds me of a SDC post (talking about 'K' -- is that Kabe?). Anyway, Logan is releasing Vocal/Instrumental vinyl of 'Who's Mercs' and 'Good old days' later in July. Both great Rapid productions.

S

simon silverdollar

Immryr said:
FAO Simon SDC (or anyone else who knows): where did you get last weeks roll deep set from? i cant seem to find it on barefiles.
heard it on the radio innit.
will upload it on to here when i've got time.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
simon silverdollar said:
heard it on the radio innit.
will upload it on to here when i've got time.

send a link to Deapoh, so everyone can enjoy it from Barefiles! I'm gaggin to hear the Roll Deep show again, i can't get Rinse right now.

swears

preppy-kei
Grime is officially dead (according to a thread on the Dissensus message board), so we’ve finally decided to take Matt Mason’s advice and have spent the last few months undercover as a hairdresser called Paul in south London’s funky house scene....

In this months Vice UK.

Little mention there.

S

simon silverdollar

swears said:
Grime is officially dead (according to a thread on the Dissensus message board), so we’ve finally decided to take Matt Mason’s advice and have spent the last few months undercover as a hairdresser called Paul in south London’s funky house scene....

In this months Vice UK.

Little mention there.

big up clarence stately-homes.

Cornflake

not a bad read....im critical of so many grime articles from ppl that seem removed from the scene ie: pitchfork's brutal review of the kano/roll deep nyc shows last summer.

too many hipsters telling me that grime is dead cause they've decided its a fad