questions you are dying to ask but are too scared to b/c of music nerd cred?

Client Eastwood

huh ? even more confused. him of the pointy fingers and leather jumpsuits ?

wait up . . .

News2_1.jpg

haha, its trufax.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Why are 'pads' in electronic music called 'pads'?

I'm sure this is really obvious and I'm a complete moron for not twigging it.

D

droid

I refer you to:
Overall it was shite, however. I am happy to be convinced otherwise, but consider this unlikely.

I pretty much agree, however, the Tonic, Blim, Orange Kush (and to a lesser extent T-power) tunes were all pretty worthy, and given the choice of an eternity in music hell listening to nu-breaks or big beat Id definitely choose the former. :D

Botchit and Scarper was of course an offshoot of techstep pioneer label Emotif, which was in turn an offshoot of (mainly ragga) jungle label S.O.U.R. - both labels which were famous for fucking over producers...

john eden

male pale and stale
I pretty much agree, however, the Tonic, Blim, Orange Kush (and to a lesser extent T-power) tunes were all pretty worthy, and given the choice of an eternity in music hell listening to nu-breaks or big beat Id definitely choose the former. :D

Botchit and Scarper was of course an offshoot of techstep pioneer label Emotif, which was in turn an offshoot of (mainly ragga) jungle label S.O.U.R. - both labels which were famous for fucking over producers...

:p rockist!

luka

its just an old builders joke. they got loads.
like, oi arthur
what do you mean arthur
arthur job, go back and finish what you were doing.

john eden

male pale and stale
I had wiped that from my memory. Its by far the most indefensible thing you've ever written. I dry heaved all the way through reading it.

What's even worse is the fact that you actually enjoyed it! :eek:

Your going to find my series of posts on my first gigs particularly toe-curling then! :)

The comparison between congo natty and big beat is completely viable, I think. :cool:

D

droid

How come Congo Natty's remix of Destiny's Child or Whitney Houston isn't big beat, aside from the bpms?

Well - firstly, anything on the label and by himself post 97 (or 96?) isn't really up to much at all IMO. When was that Destiny's child mix? 2002?

Maybe it is big beat at the wrong BPM, I just remember it being shit.!

He also never remixed Whitney, that was Illfinga falsely promoted as Congo Natty.

So there. :p

(If you're looking for big beat/d+b links - super sharp shooter/aphrodite remixing jungle brothers/hype remixing Fugees is the way to go.)

mms

sometimes
whats origins of the term say ' man like' its basically cos ppl don't want to refer directly to some one isn't it, like on pirates etc.

john eden

male pale and stale
whats origins of the term say ' man like' its basically cos ppl don't want to refer directly to some one isn't it, like on pirates etc.

also a good way of engineering a pause for a bit of time whilst juggling a mic and whatever the shout out is written on?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape

but it's all just so self-consciously wacky. I find it, as you say, impossible to sort out all that nonsense from the music itself.

a random, interesting Congo Natty/big beat connection is the Blapps Posse (who later became the Freestylers I believe) record on Tribal Bass, which is kinda big beat beat before there was big beat on that latter acid house/early ragga ardkore kinda ting. pretty great record too.

luka

to me i dont mind cheese but i cant stand corn. so i hate jump-up, big beat and dubstep which to my mind all are very corny. dubstep is the corniest i guess, with all that teenage portentousness (i really shouldnt use tennage as a perjorative, its one of my pet hates, but im too lazy to think of another word, its about 40 degrees in here and im drinking a beer after work)

rivet90210

Is there a vinyl release of the Mayday track 'MS 6' from the Relics compilation on Transmat?
I cant for the life of me follow the trail around discogs to work this out.:mad: Was it called something else when it was released as a single/ep ?

Ory

warp drive
that's a remix of "It Is What It Is", it's also on the LP versions of the Relics compilation. I don't think a regular 12" pressing exists though.