luka

i do like getting pissed on wine, drinking all day particurly starting at noon or before im less certain about
i do it, obviously, but its best avoided.

Benny Bunter

Could man be drunk for ever
With liquor, love, or fights,
Lief should I rouse at morning
And lief lie down of nights.

But men at whiles are sober
And think by fits and starts,
And if they think, they fasten
Their hands upon their hearts.

luka

ive decided to see midsummer nights dream at the globe basically becasue theres a midget that goes past me every day on a scooter and i recently found out shes starring in it so i was reading it in the park today ive read it before a couple of times but naturally cant remember anything about it other than fairies and that its the best one. you always perform it to yourself as you read it, you cant help it
it doesnt allow a lot of room for interpreation actually if you know how to read it amazes me how people fuck it up

jenks

thread death
ive decided to see midsummer nights dream at the globe basically becasue theres a midget that goes past me every day on a scooter and i recently found out shes starring in it so i was reading it in the park today ive read it before a couple of times but naturally cant remember anything about it other than fairies and that its the best one. you always perform it to yourself as you read it, you cant help it
it doesnt allow a lot of room for interpreation actually if you know how to read it amazes me how people fuck it up
Talking to a mate today about this production- said it was very good. And the woman on a scooter is particularly good as Hermia, I think.

luka

LYSANDER Ay me! for aught that I could ever read,
Could ever hear by tale or history,
The course of true love never did run smooth;
But, either it was different in blood,--
HERMIA O cross! too high to be enthrall'd to low.
LYSANDER Or else misgraffed in respect of years,--
HERMIA O spite! too old to be engaged to young.
LYSANDER Or else it stood upon the choice of friends,--
HERMIA O hell! to choose love by another's eyes. 140
LYSANDER Or, if there were a sympathy in choice,
War, death, or sickness did lay siege to it,
Making it momentany as a sound,
Swift as a shadow, short as any dream;
Brief as the lightning in the collied night,
That, in a spleen, unfolds both heaven and earth,
And ere a man hath power to say 'Behold!'
The jaws of darkness do devour it up:
So quick bright things come to confusion.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Is The Globe the one that's outside and you stand up for the whole thing? We saw Dream (as us aficionados* call it) there a few years back - unfortunately it poured with rain so we all got soaking wet cos you're not allowed umbrellas in case they block other people from seeing. For me that simply added to the authenticity of the experience but some people were clearly not true fans and they moaned about it so much they even forgot to laugh at some of the jokes. Philistines.

*Technical term for people who laugh too loudly at all the jokes to show that we've understood them and find them very very funny

version

Fernanda Melchor, This Is Not Miami.

There's some horrible stuff in this. One of the pieces is about a rapist being tied to a tree with barbed wire and burned alive by a mob. Eventually he slumps down and they cut one of his feet off with a machete to see if he's still alive and he starts groaning again so they pour another can of petrol on him.

Another one's about a bunch of Dominican guys being smuggled into what they think is Miami and ending up in Mexico. They manage to dodge the immigration police by clinging to the struts under the docks for two hours and one of them tells a dockworker who helps them he has to get to New York because he's going to kill some gangsters who murdered his father and raped and murdered his mother in front of him.