DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine

variable spray
Tactics said:
but the distinction between music culture and culture wasn't made or did I miss something? reproducing humanoids lol - you type/'talk' like you aren't one!

lol

either way, i stand by the point

since when did culture become reducible to family values/reproducing humanoids?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
boomkat and blackmarket are pretty useful. i hear rooted in bristol are online now. bleep/road has some dubstep MP3s too.

nomos

Administrator
redeyerecords.co.uk just started carrying dubstep in a big way. i think they have the best online selection now plus fantastic prices and shipping (i think i paid £4 shipping on a £40 order).

juno is also good.

PeteUM

It's all grist
micmack said:
Independance and Boomkat have it for 7.99!

Norman (www.normanrecords.com) has it for £7.95, and they're nice to deal with too. You could even put that 4p you saved towards the Um/Ascoltare joint whilst you're there. :D

I'm a sort of post Mary Anne Hobbs kind of dubstep fan, but I think Skream is the nuts!

mms

sometimes
PeteUM said:
Norman (www.normanrecords.com) has it for £7.95, and they're nice to deal with too. You could even put that 4p you saved towards the Um/Ascoltare joint whilst you're there. :D

I'm a sort of post Mary Anne Hobbs kind of dubstep fan, but I think Skream is the nuts!

um/ascoltaire - is that you ?
a strange record ! :D

PeteUM

It's all grist
Well, it does look a bit strange and they're hardly flying off the shelves, so I'm surprised you have. Or maybe I'm just being coy. ;)

Anyway. Dubstep. Carry on!

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
dubplate.net

Does anyone know what is going on with this site? this is the first place i bought dubstep records. are there otherplaces selling em for a decent price, preferably where they can be listened to? and will ship to the US,Eh?

gumdrops

skreamizm is quite excellent (that one track with the kind of waltz time signature especially) but im a bit dissapointed theres nothing more energetic, and animated like request line on there...

nomos

Administrator
gumdrops: Really? I mean it's different but 'Lightning Dub' has energy coming out its ears. And 'Hag' and 'Rottan' have got that skanky, bundled-energy about them.

I wish 'Affekz' was getting a wider release though. That one's a monster.

boomnoise: do you know who's looking after dubplate.net? is it walsh?

gumdrops

ive only heard it once so far... im gonna relisten tonight. the one with the amen break was pretty energetic actually, yeah (if thats the one you mean).

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
my girl sheen flipped out when she heard that amen skream tune, she djs dubstep, jungle and breakcore and loves cutup amen. I thinks it's funny because it's like full circle 10 years back to jungle but at 140bpm. Still has that halfstepping slow feel though which is interesting.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Lightning Dub is by far the weakest track on the EP in my opinion... it has the same coked out vibe as the worst breaks tracks.

It's funny, they seem to have putten all the decent tracks on the first disc and all the weaker tracks on the second.

nomos

Administrator
being completely oblivious to what goes on in breaks, i missed that aspect. still think its a narsty tune though. skream's having fun these days - taking liberities, a la 0800 dub. at the same time i've never been able to get as excited about glamma as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.