The Big Hello Thread

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
hey... I'm Cam. Currently in the Suburbs on the edge of Tokyo via Brisbane Australia... came here via Gutterbreaks and Kid Kameleon's blog. Worlds worst bedroom dj and most inarticulate blogger. Never really bothered with forums before this one but it's a great source of knowledge and entertainment.

BewareTheFriendlyStranger

pioneers of the groove
hI ALL, I'm a 21 yr old biology undergrad living in Singapore. in spare time i write music/film reviews and also produce breakcore and other forms of electronica on my little pc.

man and machine

Wild Horses
hello. picked up a veiled refference about this place over at the dubstep forum, tracked it down, liked the look of the place, so decided to sign up and check it out.

from south africa, but living in london now.

ChineseArithmetic

It is what it is
Hi

Hi there. I'm thirty-something and languishing on the outskirts of London. Can't remember the exact path that led me here; via someone on another message board posting Woebot's top 100 I think. Anyhow, there's obviously a lot of well informed music talk, so figured I'd sign up and pick up some recommendations. Is it compulsory to be into dubstep?

avida_1000101

I'll be 25 in about three weeks, start working on my Masters in English in the Fall at the University of Georgia. Living on the outskirts of ATL right now. ATL, btw, has this atmosphere, something stony and ancient, I think it's shared by other cities that have been burned to the ground. Like London in 1666. Probably Rome too. It's that feeling of a surveillant presence, the Empire PKD raved on about in his schizophrenic years. There's this screeching, mechanical sound ever daybreak... but I digress.

I look forward to some intelligent, hopefully not-too-confrontational, discussions on this board.

Woebot

avida_1000101 said:
I'll be 25 in about three weeks, start working on my Masters in English in the Fall at the University of Georgia. Living on the outskirts of ATL right now. ATL, btw, has this atmosphere, something stony and ancient, I think it's shared by other cities that have been burned to the ground. Like London in 1666. Probably Rome too. It's that feeling of a surveillant presence, the Empire PKD raved on about in his schizophrenic years. There's this screeching, mechanical sound ever daybreak... but I digress.

I look forward to some intelligent, hopefully not-too-confrontational, discussions on this board.

hey mate, glad we got you sorted. welcome aboard sah!

sherief

Generic Human
Hello

I've got an undergraduate honors thesis (on Badiou) due tomorrow, so I'm using procrastination as an excuse to introduce myself

henry s

Street Fighting Man
Helllooo Dissensus!

my name is Henry S, I am an architect, and currently live in Boston...I won't tell you my age, but will offer the following clues:

First record bought: Brownsville Station, "Smoking In The Boys Room" (on 45!)

First album bought: Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits (on 8-track tape!)

First concert: Electric Light Orchestra (at the Pontiac Silverdome!)

grew up a rock head in Detroit...happened upon Electrifyin' Mojo one night on the radio and stepped into a new musical world...

I don't DJ, and have been too lazy to start a blog...I do like to post here, though...

Catbwoy

Hello - i'm Jamie and i've been a lurker for a few months now. Living in Brisbane, originally from Nottingham, England. I found this place while looking for dubstep mixes. Liking what i see so far.

Sorry for the crap username, i'm criminally unimaginative.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
missed this post. allo everyone, name's Jim, curator of a gallery, filmmaker/soundartist, erm, good to have found you all! god bless you and all who sail on you!

D7_bohs

Pretty much of a generation with Henry S above I think

First record - Telegram Sam (and Chicory Tips 'Son of my Father' - the roots of Goldfrapp)
First elpee - Actually, Horslips, Happy to meet, sorry to part, but the first relevant one was Ziggy Stardust
First Gig - Emmylou Harris in Carlton, Dublin 1975 (with James Burton on polyester suit and paisley tele)

occasional musician, local crew operative/ supervisor, and PhD prisoner .....

hex

Hobo chang ba
Hello.

I am a random 26-year-old Perl hacker currently living in east London (as opposed to East London). My interests include cats, space and generally kicking out the motherfunking jams.

Victor Xray

Subtropical
Hello Dissensus

I'm an Aussie from Sydney but living in the nearly deep north of Brisbane, QLD for the past year. I was turned onto dubstep by Seb & Luke from Sub Bass Snarl when Kode9 came out and played a set at Frigid, I can't remember when that was, but it must have been some time ago 'cos it was at the Hopetoun.

I like dubstep and some grime, I started out buying the 12" but have since switched to getting downloads off bleep and buying the occassional cd. I also buy a lot of JA dancehall, I still buy 7" off ernie b's, yah I also like old bloke things like 30s mississipi delta blues, bluegrass and honkytonk.

I discovered a link here from a link off blissblog. I am a Sydney post-punk type from the circa 1981, being a thirtysomthing is nearly a distant memory from last year ... I fought the cold war and the cold war won.

dwaggin

stone by day
Hello...

I am coming in here from New York City. I started listening to ambient, glacially slow music. I have been picking up breakcore 12's for a while, the Broklyn Beats and Peace Off labels example what I like. Now I am frequently picking up dubstep 12's. I love fantasy, animation and electronic music. I am frequently either working on my stuff, or going out to see something going on.

I look here because I was searching for a way to get newish info without having a list of blogs to re-check.

swears

preppy-kei
Hi, I'm swears.
My real name is James and I'm 22.
I can't really be arsed describing myself because it always comes off like I'm trying to make some sort of good impression (ugh) or something. I suppose you'll all get to know me in due course...