pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I've seen you on here around 5am a significant amount of times

Who do you work for?

(pssst version is a Russian plant, pass it on)

luka

Totally classic luka move. Endow yourself with the right and ability to psycoanalyse someone else, then when any attempt is made to encourage some introspection on your part, it's "Sorry, you're too stupid for this, go back to your sums, poindexter."

True though

luka

What came of CERN? Fuck all. They saw a new particle. Did they understand it? No. Guess who knew we were made of millions of vibrating particles millenia ago? The ancient Indians.

droid

TBF, they did create the hottest thing in the universe. 366,000 times hotter than the center of the Sun

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OK, so I intentionally wrote that biggish post a couple of pages back to be as respectful and untriggering as possible. Obviously that didn't work. I'm not going to get into a deep discussion with you, patty, because we're never going to see eye to eye and it's a high road to nowhere.

However:

P.S. Imagine music without all that superstition and belief in something greater than ourselves? Probably sounds like some German shit with an accordion and clogs :poop:

Well let's consider what "something greater than ourselves" could mean. Space, perhaps? Time? The miracles of life, evolution, consciousness, ecosystems, societies? The laws of physics? The entire universe? You've so wilfully blinded yourself to any area of thought or experience outside your own interests that you've even mentioned CERN in your own post while failing to consider that the people working there are literally investigating the secrets of creation itself. Is that great enough for you?

It's a huge, huge error to imagine that having mystical beliefs is a prerequisite to having mystical experiences. In fact, if anything, I'd say they're likely to get in the way. I watched my son being born last year - that was pretty mystical! Do I believe he has a "soul" that existed before he did or will continue to exist after he's dead? Absolutely not. Does that make the experience any less magical? Absolutely not.

TBH I get extremely tired of this arrogant, egotistical, gate-keeping attitude about what can possibly count as deep or meaningful - and this is aimed mainly at luka, who is by far the worst offender here, and who clearly feels that anyone who's never had a tantric wank over Finnegans Wake while high on DMT is some sort of spiritual eunuch, a born accountant, a muggle, a sheeple. It's so fucking tiresome, to say nothing of competitive and elitist - the very things the spiritual-but-not-religious crowd habitually criticise the muggles for. (Zhao was the most extreme case I've ever seen, actually - truly a spiritual Donald Trump, that one.)

Last edited:

luka

Tea, you have to understand it's a spiritual opposition it's built into the structure of reality me and you. We have to be at odds. It's the way of things. It's not personal.