Burial interview @ Blackdown/Burial album

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
When it was emerging out of steppers and fast chat

Last night people were recognising and responding to tunes they had obviously never heard before but they just know it was going to slay them.

Don't believe the haters - dubstep, live, played by a really good DJ, is the best music in the world right now.

well yeah - this is important now more than ever as the scene grows, but this has always been the work of clubs and new movement within dance music , it doesn't necessarily work like rock, it's interpretation of new information or recognising when new information is or will become pleasureable/ create a new sensation/grips your heart or feet as a dj mixes it, which you involuntarily give yourself over to, before or without thinking about it ..

Thats why going to a club to hear dance music when things are like the way they are with dubstep will always be incredibly exciting, and incredibly different from anything else musically or any other thing you do with your mind and body, it's the same sensation but different from when i started going to clubs 15 years ago, but it will always be an amazing thing to feel and be part of.

Last edited:

none

Re: Burial

He does exist and no-one made him up

Strange conspiracy theories from threatened studioboys and quasi-intellectuals not withstanding

Some lives need to be got

Re: Soundforge

Non-issue, but he didn't lie at all in the interview

Re: Feminine Drum And Bass

Check Jo : R-type and DJ Rap/Engineers Without Fears : Spiritual Aura - tunes sound markedly different to other tunes from the time

None

bassnation

the abyss
none said:
Strange conspiracy theories from threatened studioboys and quasi-intellectuals not withstanding

lol

none said:

Check Jo : R-type and DJ Rap/Engineers Without Fears : Spiritual Aura - tunes sound markedly different to other tunes from the time

i'd say most jungle prior to 96 was feminine, even the rough stuff. its all curves. the best stuff always was a struggle between dark and light, industrial and sweetness (to pinch memes ideas)

i've got loads of tunes on the same kind of tip as r-type and the other artists you mentioned, might have a dig through the crates tonight and post some if people are interested. also cf. paul memes wicked recent jungle mixes.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
none said:

None

Jo..yes, I'd agree. A singular force, a couple of 12"s then disapeared forever. Perfect.

As for Engineers without Fears...you HAVE to weigh Pete Parsons at least equally with Rap in the artistic mix.

fldsfslmn

excremental futurism
Burial Unveiled

Pitchforkmedia.com reports that Burial has been unveiled as a collaboration between Lou Barlow and Zed Bias.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
the staff in pelicanneck/boomkat tell me this album will only be available on CD (they've been wrong before)
i bet someone on here knows for sure.....

mms

sometimes
labrat said:
the staff in pelicanneck/boomkat tell me this album will only be available on CD (they've been wrong before)
i bet someone on here knows for sure.....

correct
the single is being reissued tho

shudder

HELL_SD said:
*phew* nice... cos I don't even know who^^^they are :eek:

someone doesn't know their mid-90s US indie! Lou Barlow was the bassist in Dinosaur Jr. If you don't know them, you defos won't know anything else he's done!

BrokenFist

Crackin Skulls
shudder said:
someone doesn't know their mid-90s US indie! Lou Barlow was the bassist in Dinosaur Jr. If you don't know them, you defos won't know anything else he's done!

Wasn't he their bassist in the mid-80's?

shudder said:
someone was too busy listening only to hiphop, house, jungle, d'n'b, breakbeat, r'n'b, garage and rediscovering rare groove in the 90's...

...no offense but fuck US indie, actually fuck indy altogether from anywhere :eek:

don't do class music or race music...

...can't fake the funk so just call it how i see it

the 90's for me was all about bootyshakin...

so tell me can you shake ya booty to Lou Barlow... ???