I don't understand how they took out three of these

IMG_20230306_012350153~2.jpg

The first one totally torn out of the ground

IMG_20230306_012319847~2.jpg

And carried to the second which was also knocked over

IMG_20230306_012314717~2.jpg

And the third

IMG_20230306_012331923~2.jpg

I would have thought it would have had to be absolutely tearing through the town and itself been ripped to pieces too. It looked like a landrover or something but not a tank.

woops

is not like other people
I don't understand how they took out three of these

View attachment 14485

The first one totally torn out of the ground

View attachment 14486

And carried to the second which was also knocked over

View attachment 14487

And the third

View attachment 14488

I would have thought it would have had to be absolutely tearing through the town and itself been ripped to pieces too. It looked like a landrover or something but not a tank.
yum, these look delicious, especially with a little cilantro

IdleRich

IdleRich
For a long time they have been talking about putting a walkway alongside the river from St Iria to Lisbon. I never thought it would actually happen, everything is so slow - for example there were all these cargo containers blocking the way and the argument about moving them dragged on - not actually moving them, that only took a week, but arguing about who should do it took years

Anyway they got moved and there are all these JCBs and stuff driving round this kinda dusty plain, it looks like a weird tank battle cos these machines have been placed on top of mounds as though it command the territory and give their guns the maximum range and angle... I gotta get some pics before they change it cos it does look truly odd. Tricky while driving down the motorway though.

Also seems that a large part of the walkway over has sprung up too - again it's peculiar cos instead of starting at one and building it as you go until you reach the other end, they have instead buipy loads of random, unconnected sections which will ultimately join up I guess.

It's like 7k to Lisbon, it will be a great walk by the river and, er, the motorway. Maybe they will put some trees in.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Restaurant in Novi Sad, sunny courtyard, hipsters drinking beer. I see this family, couple with a young daughter having lunch. His t-shirt has very prominent writing... I ask Igor what it says, turns out it reads I Fuck You Hard

IdleRich

IdleRich
Cheating cos I wasn't there but today Igor goes to meet a friend in this cafe in a tree-lined courtyard and while they're sat there a tree fell down and crushed a van. It's not even windy.

IdleRich

IdleRich
A pointless thing I noticed but I somehow feel I have to record, a film called Blood Money is on telly and the main characters are played by actors called Ellar Coltrane and Willa Fitzgerald.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I was walking back after playing football, dehydrated from running around so much, covering loads of ground, running the game box to box... er, where was I? Oh yeah, I was thirsty, so I decided to get a drink in this Indian corner shop. And inside...

... the owner guy had stuck a table with four chairs around it in the middle of the floor, put a camping stove and a fan to keep cool on the table and got his mates round. They were chilling, leaning back in their chairs, swillng berao while the main guy fried up a massive fucking wok full of chicken and other stuff. All of them grinning and having fun, it really looked like a brilliant dinner party, not spoiled in the least by the odd interruption from people like me buying a can of coke or cigs or whatever - in fact they were making the customers part of the fun, laughing and joking with them, even posing for photographs in the classic chef position, holding up the lid of the dish in one hand and a spatula in the other.

I left the shop smiling, in fact I think I smiled all the way home. Just genuine, infectious fun that was impossible to resist.

Reactions: Leo

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I saw a guy in a motorway service station today (well, yesterday now) who had an eye missing. Not just a missing eyeball, you understand, but a fucking massive eye-sized hole in his face. I could see right through into his skull cavity. No joke.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
No doubt he lost a fight with a chimp after failing to take Joe Rogan's sage advice to Craner. I didn't check for prosthetic feet.

jenks

thread death
I saw him in the Algerian Coffee shop in Old Compton St once. Desperate to be recognised. I didn’t oblige. My wife said, as we left, ‘Did you see that really ugly tall bloke in there?’ Oh how we laughed when I told her it was Will Self.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I can't help noticing that the leader of the world's largest religion is visiting Lisbon and the whole place has gone fucking mad... fucking thousands and thousands of Catholic kids with a smattering of Father Teds and Nuns on the run.

The underground is overrun and the Pope is giving some kind of address in a field near Sacavem and when you go past it on the train you see rows and rows of portaloos, certainly hundreds of them, I think probably thousands. They sprang up a month or so back and provided an intriguing mystery until we figured out the highly disappointing explanation...

Oh fuck, they've actually started a singalong on the tube... I'm gonna shout Hail Satan when I get off, wish me luck.

IMG_20230803_150435.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Tomorrow we are leaving town to DJ in Porto - praise be to The Lord our dear Holy Father in heaven for granting us such small mercies - hallelujah!