New Justin Timberlake song.

MankyFiver

mistersloane said:
Timbaland interview in The Guardian. Looks like he's calling out to Michael Jackson. I would fucking burn orphans alive for that collaboration to happen.

then mj could comfort them

C

captain easychord

stelfox said:
Rick Rock - by far the most interesting producer around right now

i misread this as rick ross.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

captain easychord

wups thanks for answering my erroneously directed question. i thought stelfox was talking about rick ROSS... good to know about rick ROCK as well at any rate.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
captain easychord said:
wups thanks for answering my erroneously directed question. i thought stelfox was talking about rick ROSS... good to know about rick ROCK as well at any rate.
:)
I almost responded to your question with Rick Ross as a typo.
Anyhow
the hit right now from Ross is Hustlin' and I like this track called Blow with Dre.
Another good one is "on my grind" with Bun-b and Ty Cobb
Way off topic though huh?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
dubble-u-c said:
:)
I almost responded to your question with Rick Ross as a typo.
Anyhow
the hit right now from Ross is Hustlin' and I like this track called Blow with Dre.
Another good one is "on my grind" with Bun-b and Ty Cobb
Way off topic though huh?

Rick Ross is this guy
http://www.rickross.com/
I WISH he's start making beats...

C

captain easychord

yeah i know about ross i was just wondering if he produces at all.

hint

party record with a siren

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
There's the interview in Scratch mag with him I think in which he talks about not being bothered about the mistakes and going with the feel of the work, keeping the sound of static and hum from the leads, that sort of thing...he's described as being the opposite of Dr Dre which regard to polish on his work. I THINK it's that article, give me a year and I'll dig it out...

Yeah it was the Scratch interview, there is also this one

http://remixmag.com/artists/remix_wideopen_spaces/index.html

it takes me a while but I get there in the end...

zhao

there are no accidents
I sent this track to a friend of mine, who is fond of Alva Noto and Toru Takemitsu, as a joke, and now she claims to "love it". :eek:

hint

party record with a siren
I sent this track to a friend of mine, who is fond of Alva Noto and Toru Takemitsu, as a joke, and now she claims to "love it". :eek:

the undisputed truth said:
It reminds me of 'I'm too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts'.

Such a big song.

1065915933_l.jpg

Tim F

Yes I think so. <i>Justified</i> was propped up by its awesome singles really - this is more consistent, at least until you get to the chunk of dewy-eyed ballads at the end (which aren't necessarily bad but I haven't made up my mind about them yet).

The title track is a fantastic opener - this stuttery disco strut that actually reminds me vaguely of Junior Boys in parts. And the album has this conceit of combining songs with long "interludes" which are basically miniature songs. So, for example, the bustling clipped funk of "LoveStoned" plummets into the suddenly melancholy "I Think That She Knows (Interlude)", which takes elements and lyrics of the prior song and sends them in a new direction. It could have been a disaster but instead it feels satisfyingly epic.