luka

It's hard to know what to call white music that isn't indie I guess. Some things you're allowed to call rock, or singer songwriter., but there's huge grey areas.

woops

is not like other people
It's hard to know what to call white music that isn't indie I guess. Some things you're allowed to call rock, or singer songwriter., but there's huge grey areas.
i could go "indie backpacker" now but i don't think it's worth the bother

luka

I'm with my sister and her fella is playing Pure White music non stop. He doesn't have any obnoxious rap records.

luka

I'll put Paul Simon on once I've had a few more beers. I bought a box of twelve Peronis and its my ambition to do them all tonight. Then I have a bottle of Jamesons

• Haha
Reactions: sus

woops

is not like other people
I know woops as well as just about anyone but even I can't figure out if he KNOWS that his 100 is compiled of the most reviled music of the last 20 years and is suggesting we reappraise it, or if he is just completely oblivious to the fact this is precisely the music 85% of dissensus are running away from. The skeletons in the cupboard. The auntie in the attic. The shameful secret. The body beneath the patio.
conclusive proof you haven't listened to any of the tunes in the thread but the good news is the perfect moment to do so is between the peronis and the jameson's

you can have a "white christmas"

lol couldn't resist

version

As we're talking Newsom and whiteness...

"For most of 1969 and 1970, Newsom traveled across Europe alongside former SS Gestapo member Otto von Bolschwing who had been brought to the US by the CIA under Operation Paperclip and appointed TCI's president by Getty due to his former Nazi intelligence connections and their value in obtaining defense technology contracts. It was during this time that von Bolschwing introduced Newsom to the business of importing and selling wine from Argentina - a business venture that would later be emulated by Newsom's son, Gavin."

That's one of her relatives.

luka

I've just been reading all the earnest and enthusiastic replies at the start of the thread lol

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
The very best bit is 4.22 to 4.45 of sawdust & diamonds. I almost broke down and drove into a tree alongside the A47 when that broke open for me the first time.

And the meteorites, meteroids, meteors chorus in emily is something to hear over and over.

Contentwise, it reminds me of the fiery furnaces, particularly on blueberry boat, yet more elfin, free-range and lilting like devendra banhardt on rejoicing in hands. Deeply gorgeous.

The Man of Iron, tearing up in the car nearly driving into a dogging spot tree

Much intense

luka

hahahahah this is a good analogy. for me it's like listening to a fox in heat get beaten to death with a violin by someone wearing an Olde Thymey costume who looks like she has a slight case of Downs Syndrome and once looked up the word "hydrocephalus" just to abuse in her poetry.

luka

How is she "fuckable"? She just reminds me of some really ditzy, annoying 38th generation nu-hippy type that would bore you to death at some god-awful student "gathering".

There's nothing sexy or interesting about her at all. She has that combination of arrogance and gormlessness that afflicts so many musicians so much nowadays.
i'd hit it...

...but is it wrong to imagine bonking a gelfling ???

• Sad

luka

i don't think she's literally ugly, but that daft look on her face makes me want to slap her. she makes the face like swears is saying, the "i'm a deep coffee-shop pseudo-intellectual who reads poetry and doesn't get it but really likes to be seen with a book in the right place. i am also very twee and do things very cutesy-like and my parents are baby boomers and i have a trustfund that funds my ultra-'bohemian' lifstyle."
Leo, I hear you. I just decided that if Joanna Newsom were uglier physically, no indie guys would be caught dead listening to her. It's her moderate good looks that are propelling her career. Maybe the elvin ears help. Definitely the ditzy airhead act. But not the music.

• Sad

luka

aren't harps just guitars for stupid people? With a seperate string for each note, in case the whole fretting and chord shapes concept is a bit too much to deal with?

So I'm rapidly coming the conclusion that Ms Newson is actually just really, really thick. And just like Michael vis a vis the Charlise Theron character in Arrested Development Series 3, the indie media are getting kookiness mixed up with a lack of mental development.

And no, I don't want to shag her. There's no way she'd put out anyway, and can you imagine trying to make post-coital conversation? I'd rather chew off one of my own legs.

luka

I'd agree with the undisputed truth and admit that I can find a bit of quirkiness in women attractive. I don't find anything wrong with being whimsical, but her act in that video is so contrived. But yeah, I'd still hit it.

• Sad