luka

Loan words are borrowed from other cultural contexts? You saying Coltranes vocabulary contained loan words or it didn't?

luka

And euro synth pop had no loan words? And autechre only has loan words? Where are the words loaned from?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
oh come off it, listen to something like Alice Coltrane's 70s works and its obvious. she was trying to sound middle eastern or indian. all the tamboura decorations and the harp, the abandonment of free jazz for something more earthy or spiritual. I'm saying this as a fan of Alice but coltrane took the droning and dissonant tonalities of Indian ragga and integrated them into his own style of playing, rather than just adopting them. and i think Autechre did with Mantronix. which is what separates them from so much new electro.

yeah i just mistyped indian ragga but I'm sweating balls and nneed to eat.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

just tell us why its bland then? if you think they are derivative or whatever.

Like im not gonna convince you they aren't, but also being into them so much i can see where people may find them uninteresting, in the same way that i can see where people find non-rnb based electronic music unappealing.

luka

Nothing happens when I listen to it. It doesnt demand attention. It doesn't repay attention. It's not an atmosphere. It's not a feeling. It's not an idea. It's not a sensation. It's just wallpaper. Completely inert. I suppose that's the point of it but I can't do anything with it personally. It's not aggressively anti music. It's almost passively anti music, or inadvertently anti music. Dunno. I don't recoil from it like I do from things I hate, just totally unaffected by it. Quite strange In That sense.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
that's weird. no it's not aggressively anti-music that's quite correct but it's always demanding attention from me. all the micro-rhythmic inflections, the weird blips and birts pof abstract sound, the rhythmic texture changing whilst keeping a groove, it commands my attention.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
no I'm just a bit distraught that for all your feminin presha vibe you want stuff to be aggressively smacking you in the face like a spunking cock from secondary school.

mvuent

Void Dweller
to be fair he was in his teens/early twenties then and must be what, 35 now? you can't be expected to sustain youthful brilliance into adulthood. we're all a shadow of our former selves, aren't we!

I really hope this was a joke.

luka

Life knocks the stuffing out of you. You can't control the entirety of your surroundings. People die, go mad, get locked up, go under, and you feel in some way responsible. You feel like you've lost control even if your personal ability and power increases. It's a hard road. That's how it is.