Clothes

alex

Do not read this.
Mostly I just wear slim fitting skinny jeans/suit trousers that aren't too tight. (I'm a 28 inch waisted scrawn so it's actually hard to find some that are like that on me really) But I do have one black pair that are almost like tights. Half the fun of wearing them is knowing that they wind people up, haha. I like to wear them with a baggy white t-shirt.

i hate it soo much..

and whats with wearing them and then wearing a pair of AF1's, just to make yourself look like a bigger, if not the biggest prick.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Good call on the polo shirt, he does some great colours.

Could you ask your friend if they know anyone who makes sterling silver buckles with turquoise? I'm going to get one and obviously it'd be nicer to have a connection to someone who's made one. I'm well into that southwest bolo/belt combination, I couldn't wear a bolo but it's pretty much the only example of male jewellery I can find that's kinda solely 'male'. Rings and chains are unisex, I quite like the idea of an exclusively 'male' adornment, if you get what I mean. It's rare I think in western cultures.

Yes, I will ask. Actually this friend's sister has a boutique in LA and she sells all kinds of weird vintage stuff, she might have some cool ones!

http://www.blackbookmag.com/guides/details/madley

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
Do tell me where you can get a nice navy blazer! Been looking for years... they all look like they're made to wear down the local conservative association.
i have one-button navy blazer from yoko devereaux from a couple seasons back that is slim, just slightly quirky, and not mad expensive
not generally a fan of yoko but that was a good pickup

this season's one button jacket from APC looks like just the thing

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Anyone know where to get a good pair of what I think they call docker cords - ie cords where the pleats are around 1cm wide, rather than the few millimetres wide I see on everything in shops in London. I bought a pair in harlem that wore through completely (for about twenty dollars or something ridiculosuly cheap), and have been looking for a replacement ever since.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
i know you mentioned an aversion to chinos, but there are really such a wide variety out there. as long as they are plain front, and have a flattering cut, and aren't too light a tan, i don't think you can go wrong. button fly is a plus in my book, but not necessary. i like them cuffed, though i would like a cropped pair.
Yeah, I ended up with some that are about the colour of cardboard boxes.

Now I think I need a dark brown jacket, maybe linen or something, to go with them and a fairly pale shirt...

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
this season's one button jacket from APC looks like just the thing

Thanks, but it's a bit too skinny for me. And I like a minimum of 2 buttons on a jacket, unless it's a dinner suit jacket.

Today for some reason I am wearing chinos and enjoying it. Also, in tribute to MMS, I am wearing a proper shirt and a smart jumper. He is against T-shirts.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Yeah, I ended up with some that are about the colour of cardboard boxes.

Now I think I need a dark brown jacket, maybe linen or something, to go with them and a fairly pale shirt...
Proving nontrivial to find, this. Any thoughts on where to look?

rant

Can anyone tell me where I can get a wool V-neck sweater that would fit someone who is 6'3" and not fat?
You know, so the sleeves end somewhere near my wrists and the waist reaches down to my waist, without 8 inches of extra flapping width each side of my torso. I am tall and thin but not exceptionally so.
The best I've got is a Polo one which I have to get the drycleaners to stretch every time the clean it.
Most brands, the sizes above M just seem to get wider and wider but never longer.
Please help!
Don't send me to those shops for big & tall men that just sell tasteless shit for fat people with big feet.
Thxxx

sounds like a Rick Owens silhouette to me

was that for me?
i don't see a v neck anywhere but there are 2 problems with this for me:

1. he charges £500 for a pair of trousers.
2. the clothes look silly

thanks though, sincerely, for replying.

I am an old fart who wants to look normal and while I don't expect to get something nice from Marks and Spencers, I can't spend more than say £150 on an item of clothing.

I think I'm gonna try a Thomas Pink sweater, I like their shirts.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
2. the clothes look silly
i agree
i tend to avoid buying clothes from dudes that wear high-heels
nothing wrong with that but that's just not how i roll
his look is too LA - in the hollywood and vine vein

surprised so many londoners on this board are having trouble finding clothes
is it not one of the sartorial meccas of the west?

Maybe if you are up for spending £450 on a sweater etc.
I just can't see that much value in clothing.
I just want to feel like I don't look bad, that would be enough.

How did you know I live in London?

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
have you looked on yoox.com?
i never, or rarely, pay retail for anything
i managed to get a decent rick owens jean jacket for around $120 bucks (that i did eventually sell)
generally though, good prices on yoox, though the provenance of the items can be sketchy
i have a feeling they must follow trucks around, waiting for boxes of clothes to fall out...

I can't imagine buying clothes from the internet.
As I said initially, it's very rare for anything to be the right shape for me.
I would end up with a load of trousers that don't reach my ankles and short wide shirts with sleeves halfway up my forearms.