Clothes

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
we need photographic evidence

Not gonna happen in this climate (it was A/W in the sale), and actually I should mention that as well as my soul it cost me about a dozen CDs and a couple of vinyls, plus a used copy of Crafting Handmade Shoes and Thomas Ligotti's first short story collection.

Anyway, it's this one:

roberger.jpg

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
H. just remembered that we saw Attila Csihar burning A4 print outs of religious symbols at a Mayhem gig a couple years back. Turning up dressed like this would have been so much more memorable:

rohood.jpg

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I'm quite heartened by the fact that I'd look awful in it.

I was very, very close to spunking all of my money on a John Rocha jacket that was in the sale :

http://johnrocha.ie/

But I didn't, cos I don't actually have any money. It was a nice day out though, we virtually shopped all day and tried things on. Me and my friend were both dressed up so we were treated nice in shops and she almost bought sunglasses and a dress with money she didn't have.

The jacket is not on his website though. It was kinda tweed that looked like it had been hand distressed by Sumatran orphans who'd had all their fingers chopped off so they had to file down their teeth into points to get just the right level of distression. It's awesome.

If I had money I'd dress Zhao and blacktulip and blacktulipine in Rocha. He's my favourite at the moment.

you

H. just remembered that we saw Attila Csihar burning A4 print outs of religious symbols at a Mayhem gig a couple years back. Turning up dressed like this would have been so much more memorable:

rohood.jpg

- you need a minimum of 25 posts to post here, I expect Faust will be along soon to delete your post.... nice jacket nonetheless......

CHAOTROPIC

on account

rohood.jpg

That's kindof how I'm dressing at the moment, but with a suit jacket rather than the leather ... got some lovely Rick Owens combat boots last year that I'm still stoked about but passed on the leather jacket after real soul searching ... bought a house instead :p

you

Rick Owens

Yo - for all you goth-ninja 'K,Owens fanboys there is a new book out. I never managed to get my hands on his last one but I've pre-ordered this-a-one.

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
Yo - for all you goth-ninja 'K,Owens fanboys there is a new book out. I never managed to get my hands on his last one but I've pre-ordered this-a-one.

Yes, pre-ordered here. I think his last one is still around and the RRP is €300.

This is one of the keys to the RO aesthetic:

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
I don't do Twitter and I have to brag about these somewhere... Just picked up these incredible drop-crotch leather pants and a knee-length tee that must weigh less than 10g.

Basically sweat pants but made out of blistered leather. Fuck yes.

rickowens10099091536501.jpg

slowtrain

This should probably go in the 'Pointless but it does my head in' thread but man clothes are SO expensive.

I got $100 for my birthday, and I figured coz I always get all my clothes second-hand, or 'vintage' that I should go and get a couple of shirts, woolen pullover, maybe a pair of nice jeans, so that I could a perfect fit and everything, and I'll be fucked if I couldn't even get the ONE shirt for that. :eek:

I guess its back to over-sized button ups and sagging jerseys.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
This should probably go in the 'Pointless but it does my head in' thread but man clothes are SO expensive.

I got $100 for my birthday, and I figured coz I always get all my clothes second-hand, or 'vintage' that I should go and get a couple of shirts, woolen pullover, maybe a pair of nice jeans, so that I could a perfect fit and everything, and I'll be fucked if I couldn't even get the ONE shirt for that. :eek:

I guess its back to over-sized button ups and sagging jerseys.

Fuckin hell, really? Is it that expensive in New Zealand? That's terrifying, whereabouts are you there?

slowtrain

Fuckin hell, really? Is it that expensive in New Zealand? That's terrifying, whereabouts are you there?

In Wellington, so I guess that will account for some of it.

But seriously, even the skate/street shops will be charging like $80 for a fuckin' hoody.

Any decent button-ups are usually around that as well, if not more.

I can't wait for summer, so much easier to look fashion-as when all you have to wear is one and a half items of clothing.

slowtrain

Is Wellington significantly more expensive then? I'm over there later in the year and just mining for info lol.

Well, to be honest I've never really bought clothes much before, so I'm not sure if it is expensive or not.

There are lots of designer stores, and one really cool 'vintage' store which is quite expensive (about $60-$80 for a shirt, but depends, they have designer stuff there which is more, other stuff which is cheap) and then there is one pretty good second-hand store which is basically as much as you would expect second-hand to be (about $30 for a shirt).

Not really any great op-shops or anything though.

Wellington is quite small really.

I guess what I meant by saying Wellington is more expensive is just that the CBD/city of Wellington is significantly of a higher socio-economic group (than say, the Hutt valley) and the geography seperates it off from the lower groups, so its really like a whole heap of boutiques crammed into one space.

Haute or hipster basically.