shakahislop

was in the pub with a few geezers in their late 50s yesterday. one of them has a wife who he says won't let him drink, but she is away. watched two massive guys built like trees absorb pint after pint of watery stella. drinking past joyfulness to a kind of numb stupidity. calling the girl behind the bar a mermaid like they were naughty schoolboys. it was quite a performance. part of a certain tradition.

catalog

I did look at it Spelt like that and thought it can't be right but only pedants care about that sort of thing so I left it

catalog

On fascist beer symbolism, there's also

dpNqWsl.jpeg

catalog

My friend sent me, I've queried as to whether it's an English one not really Italian, cos I would have thought Italians also would not want to do something in English, but he's not got back to me

luka

the italians are besotted with english, paticularly when they are in an anglo field like beer brewing
the fact is most european languages will have a similar status to welsh in 2 or 3 generations.

luka

i know italian so i can translate that for you no problemo

brewfist produces original beers with a passion, grand drinky winkys with quality is our grand objective. more beers, more people.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
the italians are besotted with english, paticularly when they are in an anglo field like beer brewing

"You're always on about these hop-bombs, you're always exploding about bitterness. We've had IPAs in England for a donkey's years."

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
But as tea and slothrop said, blackened sun is not even trying to hide. And I'd say same to black iris. Just a bit odd to blacken something that is traditionally depicted as colourful/bright? What's that about?

The blackening, to me, is about sharpening. Equally it could be about saving money on printing, who knows. But paired with some of the titles, some of it is definitely fishy. Or just people living in their own worlds, who knows.

I think a lot of it is just going for a goth / metal aesthetic, to be honest. Black Metal Brewing are the only ones with this sort of look that I've heard anything concretely dodgy about, at least in terms of actual fashiness.

luka

its not a spelling mistake its an inability to understand a simple metaphor. only nerds can spell but only thickos dont understand metaphor.

Leo

followed the above with 1 rothaus 2 litovel premiums and 2 further kernels

I'm an incredible lightweight, even in my prime I'd top out at four. except for when I played drums as a college kid and would drink a six-pack, since you burn it off. I have no idea how you guys can drink eight, 10, 12 beers, or how you manage the next day. Nowadays it's two or three, although I tend to drink stronger IPAs. could probably down four or five light beers but why would I want to?