catalog

I've watched a few films by black audio film collective over the years and they are normally comatose affairs, will put you to sleep guaranteed in 5 minutes, but this one is good, not amazing, but compentat.

catalog

Kodwo saying now that black producers release thd potential energy from an inert instrument, specifically using record players to scratch and isolate the break beat.

Like fucking hell, smartphones lock it all away from you, very haram.

catalog

I feel like we should do one of those group listening things fof black secret technology. I've never been able to understand why everyone says it's so good. It must be, but I've nefver heard it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've been doing a rewatch of it, it's got really boring noe though. The dobby bits don't work after a bit.
I really like Peep Show but I found the Dobby character extremely irritating, not funny irritating, just "I would be enjoying this programme far more if she wasn't in it" irritating.

When I write stuff like that in what amounts to a public place I do have this slight pang of conscience, if somehow the actor who played her happened to read this then it would no doubt make her feel (momentarily) down... still gotta be honest right? Plus she ain't gonna read it obviously.

catalog

My view is that shes good for a bit, but then it becomes this thing which is a rerun of Sophie except she's not as interesting as Sophie.

I think this is a common issue for such a good long running series.

They cannot help but repeat themselves, scrape the barrel. And yeah, no offence meant to whoever plays dobby, she's probably a good actor and will be good in something in the future.

But she'll forever be dobby, just as Johnson will forever be Johnson. Cos peep show is a black hole type show, it's gonna dominate any talk about everyone who has been involved for their whole careers.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I really like Peep Show but I found the Dobby character extremely irritating, not funny irritating, just "I would be enjoying this programme far more if she wasn't in it" irritating.

When I write stuff like that in what amounts to a public place I do have this slight pang of conscience, if somehow the actor who played her happened to read this then it would no doubt make her feel (momentarily) down... still gotta be honest right? Plus she ain't gonna read it obviously.
She's done pretty well out of it, I'd have thought, so she'd probably react like this

woody_cash.gif

IdleRich

IdleRich
Of course, it's just that every now and again, as I casually dish out the cruellest assessment of someone's work, something they no doubt trained for years making countless sacrifices to be able to do and then put their heart and soul into... well, every now and again it hits me that it is a real person with real feelings and all that that I'm metaphorically putting the boot into. And for a few seconds I feel bad about it, even though I know full well they won't see it and I'm sure that anyone putting themselves out there knows what they are letting themselves in for...

I suppose, all I'm saying is, if someone releases a song I don't like it's quite common for me to tear into them with the sort of savagery you'd expect if they had killed and eaten a load of helpless children, and perhaps I ought to remember that there is a person behind it and keep some sense of proportion.

woops

is not like other people
just learned that after annexing Czechoslovakia, on his only visit to that country, the normally teetotal Adolf Hitler drank a pint of @Mr. Tea's favourite lager, pilsner urquell

Benny Bunter

Worst thing about living in Seville is you have zero beer options when you go out for a drink, it's Cruzcampo or nothing. When it's well kept with fizz it hits the spot like nothing else but too many times it's flat.