Minimal house anthems

childrentalking

hm that Villalobos remix is fairly immaculate actually. he played it last at Fabric early on in the year and hearing it through that system REALLY opened it up.

Chris

fractured oscillations
So jealous! I think I heard somewhere that Villalobos wont come out to the US until Bush is out of office. :(

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
is there anything i should know about fabric? i've managed to get on the list but i'm guessing there'll still be a good zied queue for that too. i'm a fairly scruddy kid, they're not going to be too anal about it are they? i'm not gonna turn up in a shell suit mind.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
If you're on the list you should be fine. It's only people who don't have any kind of pre-booked tickets who end up waiting for two hours or something.

Don't bother bringing a coat or using the cloakroom - the queue at 8am or whenever is heartbreaking.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
villalobos played this insane trck last night....it was super long, with samples of a jazz band cut up with vocals saying something like "gotta get together" whispering, with trumpets swooping in. anyone know what that is? it was the real standout track of the night for me.

hucks

Your Message Here
villalobos played this insane trck last night....it was super long, with samples of a jazz band cut up with vocals saying something like "gotta get together" whispering, with trumpets swooping in. anyone know what that is? it was the real standout track of the night for me.

That sounds like Rose Rouge by Saint Germain from a few years ago...

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
listening to it i can hear that when he played it last night he had a drum track behind it - he was so so so good. i was absolutely out there on acid, one of the best nights of my life.

smn

listening to it i can hear that when he played it last night he had a drum track behind it - he was so so so good. i was absolutely out there on acid, one of the best nights of my life.

Yeah it's a remix of St. Germain's Rose Rouge. I'm guessing it's probably the same one he played in the Mary Anne Hobbs mix he did a while back so grab a copy of that here: http://mixesdb.com/db/index.php/2007-04-20_-_Ricardo_Villalobos_-_Mary_Anne_Hobbs and bring on the flashbacks... ;)

Alfons

Way of the future
Re: Primer Encuentro de la Soledad Latinoamericana: A filched CDR would certainly explain the reason that there's no perceptible mix-in or mix-out in the recording that leaked. That's really extremely fucked. I'm ambivalent about leaks; depends on the context. But in this case, if true, that's just out-and-out thievery, really depressing.

I agree this is totally wrong, but I'm still kind of glad it happened because I never would've heard it otherwise:rolleyes: Now it just needs to get released!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
ah yeh was just talking to ronan from house is a feeling and he mentioned that he'd heard a remix in a luciano set...it could possibly be a ricardo remix he says.

dogger

Sweet Virginia
ah yeh was just talking to ronan from house is a feeling and he mentioned that he'd heard a remix in a luciano set...it could possibly be a ricardo remix he says.

yeah it's been doing the rounds in rv's and luciano's sets of late. it's a tune for sure...

glad you had a good time at fabric...to be honest i've given up on that place: coked up lary twats in ben sherman shirts do not a good night make...and it's always horrifically overcrowded

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
it was coked up sherman twats til about 4, so i took shelter in the dubstep room...but after 4 alot nicer people who were actually into ricardo came...strictly positive vibes after that. it was a very strange place though. i'd never been before.