john eden

male pale and stale
People who feel the need to buy their £2.50 sandwich with a debit card.

People on a train who kick off when their offspring is asked very politely if they wouldn't mind turning down their nintendo.

People who you go to stay with for the weekend and they forget their credit card in the supermarket so you pay for their shopping and then they forget to pay you back.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People on a train who kick off when their offspring is asked very politely if they wouldn't mind turning down their nintendo.

Aargh, parents generally who automatically take the side of their kids, no matter how obnoxious the latter may be behaving and to the point of being abusive to other people..."I have spawned and therefore have the absolute right to let my precious and unique angels do whatever the hell they want, and no-one had better DARE say a damn thing about it!".

Some more shining examples, plus general failitude, here:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/comedy-goldmine/more-failures-humanity.php

My sister got slapped at Wal-Mart. This little girl came up and started playing with the keys on her belt clip, my sister tried to brush her off, and the girl's mother just came up and hit her.

Then again, I guess Wal-Mart isn't exactly known for dignity and class.

Last edited:

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
People who feel the need to buy their £2.50 sandwich with a debit card.

People who you go to stay with for the weekend and they forget their credit card in the supermarket so you pay for their shopping and then they forget to pay you back.

Word

Client Eastwood

people who carry unfeasibly large umbrellas - you are the 4x4 drivers of the pedestrian world

people who spend ages at a bus stop queue, get on the bus and only then start looking for change to buy a ticket - couldnt of you done that will you were in the queue

:mad:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"People who feel the need to buy their £2.50 sandwich with a debit card."
I do that almost every day, although, in my defence, the alternative would be to queue up at a cashpoint for about half an hour because ninety percent of central London cashpoints aren't working at any given lunchbreak. Which, come to think of it is something that does my head in.

john eden

male pale and stale
I do that almost every day, although, in my defence, the alternative would be to queue up at a cashpoint for about half an hour because ninety percent of central London cashpoints aren't working at any given lunchbreak. Which, come to think of it is something that does my head in.

I don't want to criticise you, rich, cos I think you're alright... but y'know, it's not a superhuman feat of accounting to realise at the weekend that you might need the odd bit of change for lunch in the week?

Maybe this is a bit like the getting on the bus and fumbling for change thing - some people have more colourful lives than me and these things take them by surprise?

I dunno.

But, yeah, we ARE stareing at the back of your head.

Just so you know.

:)

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I don't want to criticise you, rich, cos I think you're alright... but y'know, it's not a superhuman feat of accounting to realise at the weekend that you might need the odd bit of change for lunch in the week?"
Also, I'm poor right, if I get some money out, I'll spend it all, if I just pay for my lunch with a card then I will spend precisely the right amount. Plus it gives me more time to speak to the delightful staff of pret a manger - one girl gave me a free sandwich the other day, probably as a direct result of that extra bit of time I put in with her every day compared to the usual faceless robotic transactions she goes through with the capitalist wage slaves who are so desperate to return to their desks and start earning money for the man that a few seconds of human interaction between the staff and the nice chap in the queue in front of them can drive them into a frenzy. It was an egg sandwich unfortunately but I ate it anyway because I thought the personal touch might make it taste special.
I just wish cafe nero took cards.

john eden

male pale and stale
Also, I'm poor right, if I get some money out, I'll spend it all, if I just pay for my lunch with a card then I will spend precisely the right amount. Plus it gives me more time to speak to the delightful staff of pret a manger - one girl gave me a free sandwich the other day, probably as a direct result of that extra bit of time I put in with her every day compared to the usual faceless robotic transactions she goes through with the capitalist wage slaves who are so desperate to return to their desks and start earning money for the man that a few seconds of human interaction between the staff and the nice chap in the queue in front of them can drive them into a frenzy. It was an egg sandwich unfortunately but I ate it anyway because I thought the personal touch might make it taste special.
I just wish cafe nero took cards.

Heh heh.

I just don't want to spend my entire lunch break in a sandwich shop innit. There are parks to sit in and books to read and the internets to check out, not to mention my relationships with the good ladies of the post office to maintain.

It's good you got a free sarnie tho, sounds like you might be in there, unless she gets sacked of course.

john eden

male pale and stale
They wouldn't sack my Gamze.

Well there is no doubt that they are the villains of the piece... setting worker against worker, trying to increase productivity, you know the score.

But Gamze carries a future world in her heart, which I think we can all take some comfort from. That egg sandwich may end up being the slightly squidgy foundation of better times ahead.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Well there is no doubt that they are the villains of the piece... setting worker against worker, trying to increase productivity, you know the score."
Yeah, there is a boss there who comes in and shouts at everyone trying to make them queue more aggressively and push in to the side tills if there is a space, even if other people nearer the middle have been queueing for longer. It doesn't work though, one thing we know about in England is how to queue. Also, she shouts at all the staff and then you get to the front and she's all "Hello sir, how are you?" and you're thinking, you can't fool me, I just saw you getting on that girl's case 'cause she took more than the prescribed number of seconds to hand back the change to the guy in front of me, don't pretend to be all nice.

"But Gamze carries a future world in her heart, which I think we can all take some comfort from. That egg sandwich may end up being the slightly squidgy foundation of better times ahead."
To be honest I still feel queasy thinking about it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

But, right, but - have you seen the Evening Standard sellers' booths that now have chip-n-pin thingies so you can buy your copy of the Sten'er with your Visa Debit? Christ, who really needs the paper that badly? If you want a rag to pass half an hour on the train, pick up one of the freesheets, and if you want a grown-up's paper, you'd make time to pop into a newsagent's, right?

Edit: cheers to John for reviving this thread, it's always therapeutic to have a good rant...

jenks

thread death
My children hiding the remotes, then going to bed to then leave me spending half an hour searching under every last surface in the house before finally finding the blasted things, and as a consequence, missing goals/programmes that I had initially planned to see now that the blighters were all tucked up safely!