Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Hatcha show sounding good.

Is 1 hour the standard time for a show on Kiss or is it just an insult?

Dunno, Logan gets 2 hours though.
Really? Hatcha? Good? I haven't heard someone say this in a long long time. You know, back when he went from being dubstep's most relevent DJ to pretty much the exact opposite.

viktorvaughn

Dunno, Logan gets 2 hours though.
Really? Hatcha? Good? I haven't heard someone say this in a long long time. You know, back when he went from being dubstep's most relevent DJ to pretty much the exact opposite.

Yeah that's what i thought but it's good!

Mala - Return to space is siiiiiiiiiiiiick. Fuck i just listened to this again super loud on headphones, reckon this'll go down as a Mala great, the bit after the few moments of silence is incredible.

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
yea the details about the Hyperdub "5" series are here...

The initial pressing quantity of these EPs will be dictated by preorder demand, and none will be repressed, nor will they be made available digitally, before the complete CD collection is on sale.
UNQUOTE

seems a bit pretentious to me. Clever marketing ploy?, or just an example of faith & dedication to the definitive heads?

viktorvaughn

yea the details about the Hyperdub "5" series are here...

The initial pressing quantity of these EPs will be dictated by preorder demand, and none will be repressed, nor will they be made available digitally, before the complete CD collection is on sale.
UNQUOTE

seems a bit pretentious to me. Clever marketing ploy?, or just an example of faith & dedication to the definitive heads?

where is that from?

alex

Do not read this.
cargo, and nine has already confirmed that that is correct, (in his own way)...

Taken from DSF, because I am a fucktard & cant figure out how to quote from diff forums

Hyperdub

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:55 pm Post subject:

NilsFG wrote:
http://www.cargorecords.co.uk/release/9188 wrote:

read the sentence carefully then collectively untangle thy knickers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So really, after telling us to untwist our knickers, it is still unclear.

dictated by preorder demand- does this mean that unless you pre-order you wont get one, or the amount pressed will reflect roughly on how many pre-orders there are ??

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
it means depending on how many the shops order that is how many of the records will be pressed.
simple really.

alex

Do not read this.
well I suppose that could be right, as cargo are distributing it. But surely the shops wouldnt "pre order" at consumer price?

I have placed a pre-order request, but they were all shop value, not net??

Edit* am i thick? Am i seeing something everone else is not? forgive my ignorance!!

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
well I suppose that could be right, as cargo are distributing it. But surely the shops wouldnt "pre order" at consumer price?

I have placed a pre-order request, but they were all shop value, not net??

Edit* am i thick? Am i seeing something everone else is not? forgive my ignorance!!

shops and distributors preorder stock to get it for a release date and they preorder the units they think they will sell.

If that item sells out they will roften try to reorder the item if it's available, in this case there will not be any more stock avaliable right away as the inumber of units will be made only to the preorder figure.
In this case i imagine shops will overorder slightly with this in mind, so it should be available for a while.

joe.dfx

who knows...
That Calibre tune blows his Deep Medi release out of the water IMO.

i freaking love calibre's dnb output, but that deep medi release was a bit substandard for deep medi imo....kinda not really all that memorable. I'd be able to accept it more if it was from an unknown (like the tunnidge release), but one would think Calibre would have come up with something a bit more interesting...

would love to hear something in the veign of his e.p. on creative source from years back.

(mind you i haven't heard the new stuff yet...)

benjybars

village elder.
i quite liked calibre's deep medi release.. yeah.

is that a cheeky little Loefah Dub i see in that Hatcha Tracklist?

i know he played some older tracks on the previous week's show, but a a Loefah dub called 'norwood' sounds new to me.. :)

unclerico

nah i thought the same but on closer inspection its definitely an old tune, its in the old loefah style sounds a little bit like twisup and the dub is clearly v old and crackly!

apparently tho there will be some new loefah dubs soon, hatcha said so on his thread on dsf

Blackdown

nexKeysound
is that a cheeky little Loefah Dub i see in that Hatcha Tracklist?

i know he played some older tracks on the previous week's show, but a a Loefah dub called 'norwood' sounds new to me.. :)

"Norwoods" an old ting, i'd guess 03, certainly before the loefah-yunx-halfstep era (corpsy to thread to dribble!), after which loefah ditched the bongos...