gumdrops

not read that RA piece yet but when joker says the other guys still use software, what does he mean? what does he use?

Richard Carnage

hmm maybe the outboard stuff is why his beats sound so thick...

will read the piece properly when i have a min.

Yeah, will probably be from the compression. Don't forget that he's got access to Ginz's Multiverse studio which has shitloads of analogue gear. Guido is all soft synths as far as I know, and Gemmy's got one outboard synth (though it's one that digitally models an analogue signal - I won't mention which one it is because he's not keen on letting these things slip).

alex

Do not read this.
going back to what I said above, the production's are not necessarily bad, on the contary they are exemplary in the way of EQ'ing/FX etc.. but the HD releases (digidesign & the latest one) just dont do it for me to be honest.

alex

Do not read this.
nah, just sounds a bit to cheesy, (that is awful i know, but it does to me)

Solid State & Purple City however >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Richard Carnage

Tom - did you write the piece on FACT or did Kiran? Not sure where you got your info about the release timings of the Joker/Gemmy albums. Gemmy's may have been put back, but it's in the final stages - he's got enough tracks for it ready to roll, but the ideas are still flowing and he wants to be happy with it. I reckon the Gemmy LP will drop before the year is out, but Joker's is only about half completed. Hence, my money is on the Gemmy one hitting shops before Joker's.

mms

sometimes
Tom - did you write the piece on FACT or did Kiran? Not sure where you got your info about the release timings of the Joker/Gemmy albums. Gemmy's may have been put back, but it's in the final stages - he's got enough tracks for it ready to roll, but the ideas are still flowing and he wants to be happy with it. I reckon the Gemmy LP will drop before the year is out, but Joker's is only about half completed. Hence, my money is on the Gemmy one hitting shops before Joker's.

what labls gemmys album cmin out on then?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Digidesign is still my favourite Joker tune. Got a bit rinsed, mind you.

I dream one day the original Electric Sea will come out.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
both the hyperdub5 12"s so far have been pretty dry IMO

and i speak as someone who has already preordered the whole saga :slanted:

(i also speak as someone who loves off joker to an almost unsavoury degree ftr)

Its all about the Mala/Cooly G plate, cant wait for that one.

As for the others, they are good but Im not tempted to splash my cash on them.

BareBones

wheezy
yeah the hyperdub 5's have been a bit disappointing so far really, by their usual standards. i'm looking forward to the darkstar aidy's girl release the most but that's not part of the comp is it?

digidesign is a monster, it got totally rinsed but still one of tunes of the year without a doubt.

alex

Do not read this.
Really enjoyed the Kode 9 Release. The 2nd one is pants, looking forward to the Martyn one, that should be arriving today. Im such a hype cunt, cargo did the lot for £30.00 on pre-order. The Darkstar one is not on the Comp Series nah..

Has anyone on here heard the Joe remix of 'Bones' by Untold?