viktorvaughn

Just had the best idea ever -

get Ragga Twins down to FWD>>. That would actually be one of the best things ever, they were immense at Bestival.

gumdrops

recently got that second box of dub comp but am going to sell it - i only like that ramadanman track at the start (wish it was on a 12). everything else is not bad really, but just too dubby.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
nice. could do with more exclusives tho. (i know that's not really the point of the comp, but still.. makes it hard to justify buying the comp when you already own most of the tracks)

speaking from a label perspective (there's some keysound on there...) it's really hard for people like Soul Jazz to secure top quality exclusives. most labels would prefer to keep their exclusives for their own label first otherwise you undermind your own efforts to build a label. and there's just not enough money in comps or value for the individual labels to over-ride that sentiment.

given all that, that's a pretty sick tracklisting! it's much harder than it looks to get something like that together, trust me.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah that bit confused me too. Then again, I suppose its an oppurtunity to live in Berlin/Copenhagen for a while...

mos dan

fact music
will def head down to fwd this time: slimzee+early+free = woo!

SLIMZEE? WHAAAAAAAA? when's he on. i'm not not getting in to this.. i know kode's on last.

okay, so, have i missed the discussion of why fwd has moved earleir? and what it has to do with the met's increasing interest? if i have, can someone redirect me. ta.

alex

Do not read this.
Vangelis - Love Theme
Fat Freddy's Drop - Cay's Crays [Digital Mystikz Remix]
Distance - Saints n Sinners
D1 - Joy
Pattie Blingh & The Akebluan 5 - Brother:The Point [2562 Remix]
Skream - Hitch
Scuba - Dream
Clouds - Protecting Hands pt. 1
Unknown - Alicia
D1 - I'm Loving
2000F & JKamata - You Don't Know What Love Is
Darkstar - Saytar
Zomby - Test Me For A Reason
Mala - Forgive

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Well, if you were still living with your mum, you'd probably want to get out as well! I'm guessing that that's the case with Silkie too.

lol. i accidentally rang Joker's mum from Sonar last year, but that's another story (that has pretty much nothing else to it bar me having the wrong number for joker)...

alex

Do not read this.
anyone else feel that the 5.2 of the HD comp, is a bit, well, weak? The zomby track is very nice & so is the samiyam one, but the A side from Joker & Ginz is a bit dry.

Come to think of it, I have always thought that Joker is a bit hit & miss. There are some tunes of his i think are sickening, (most (not all) of the releases on Kapsize & the freebie he gave away) but the other's, (the hyperdub ones mainly) just sound a bit generic?