joe.dfx

who knows...
from listening to logans j sweet ep, id like to hear more grime producers' take on wobble...

if its the one im thinking of i can't say i agree. would have prefered a more grime oriented release..but ah well....

also...im going out on a limb here, but i think blackdown is hinting at a Mala LP. (which is a total major fucking cock tease!)

but anyway. i just want living different and maintain through madness on one 12" and then ill be done.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
if its the one im thinking of i can't say i agree. would have prefered a more grime oriented release..but ah well....

also...im going out on a limb here, but i think blackdown is hinting at a Mala LP. (which is a total major fucking cock tease!)

but anyway. i just want living different and maintain through madness on one 12" and then ill be done.

nope, I'm not.

alex

Do not read this.
Little mix from myself

Digital Mystikz - Molten
Ikonika - Millie
Shackleton - Tin Foil Sky
Mala - Confrence
D1 - Dubstep Warz
Random Tro & Loefah - Voodoo (Omen Mix)
Pinch - Punisher (Loefah SE25 Mix)
Benga - The Cut
Skream & Distance - Wise Men
Reso - Holograms
Cyrus - Paradise Dub
Kode 9 - Time Patrol

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uawjw1

my mixer is fucked though....

(recorded stoned on a 20 minute hype mode...)

Last edited:

gumdrops

dmz should do a repress series, or release a load of classics in some sort of binder form, like analord or something. or just release some unreleased dubs. but a cd comp would be strange esp after theyve said that they would never do that. id be up for some dmz allstars double packs too.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Dont like the idea of a cd, though I doubt that will happen anyway.

Id be happy if the releases were just a bit more frequent, but thats their call and Its not like anyones gonna lose interest in buying Mala records any time soon.

IanTheM

Tame Horse
why's that? why does format matter?

if you're a vinyl purist, then fair enough, but i still don't see the point.

Vinyl only is like part of the concept behind DMZ. Trying to keep that jungle tradition alive. That's why there's so many dubplates, no represses. It's a labour of love, not of money. It's all about traditions.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Vinyl only is like part of the concept behind DMZ. Trying to keep that jungle tradition alive. That's why there's so many dubplates, no represses. It's a labour of love, not of money. It's all about traditions.
It's kind of interesting how much dubstep pushes the forms of older traditions though - even if they were originally functional (as in there wasn't originally much point in putting out CDs if you were a jungle label), for a lot of dubsteppers they turn into a point of honour. It's a very mythologising scene.

It's kind of like the Burial / anonymity thing as a nod to white label culture and not knowing who the producer was - but that was originally because either most of the audience didn't care or they had no means of finding out who was behind a given tune, it wasn't normally about deliberate concealment by the producers in a way that sticks out quite noticeably.

joe.dfx

who knows...
all this talking of dmz, so I put 'Lost City' on for the first time in forever...

god damn that tune is still soooo good!

might have to start playing that out again....

mms

sometimes

they've repressed things in the past for sure.

i think its vinyl only cos that's how they like it rather than tradition or whatever, not sure what tradition it is that just does vinyl, or rather it doesn't really exist.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
why's that? why does format matter?

if you're a vinyl purist, then fair enough, but i still don't see the point.

Im hardly a purist but I think its too easy to forget that most of these records are writen with the next Dmz in mind .
And theres enough people sitting at home downloading things and writing them off without ever hearing them in a club.

So Id rather have a few records to play out then a compilation album for my ipod thats all.

Leo

Im hardly a purist but I think its too easy to forget that most of these records are writen with the next Dmz in mind .
And theres enough people sitting at home downloading things and writing them off without ever hearing them in a club.

So Id rather have a few records to play out then a compilation album for my ipod thats all.

ok, that's cool, i respect that. but at the same time, it seems a little insider-y...preferring to keep something as an exclusive pleasure of a select group of people who are able to make it to a particular club, that's all i'm saying. living on the other side of the world outside that select group, i'd like a handy way to hear to stuff too! :)

plus, the notion of tracks made specifically for the dance floor is hardly new or distinct to dmz. weren't larry levan and frankie knuckles doing the same thing in the 1980s?

nomos

Administrator
they've done represses of most of the big ones - 3, 4, 5, even 7, despite what current prices would have you think. you can tell some of them by a slightly lighter colouring in the labels.