vimothy

yurp
Has anyone heard Philip Sherburne's Unsound mix? Amazing tracklist...

Tracklist:
Nico Muhly, Mothertongue Pt. 1: Archive
Valgeir Sigurðsson, Equilibrium Is Restored
Jacaszek, IV
Johan Johannssen, Part II
Grouper, Disengaged
Sunn 0))), Alice
Stars of the Lid, The Evil That Never Arrived
Biosphere, Trasparenza
Shed, Ostrich-Mountain-Square
Ben Frost, Carpathians
Kadebostan, Endroduncing Kadebostan
Next Life, Underwater
Robert Henke, [shift_register]
Marcel Dettmann, Lattice
The Mountain People, Mountain008.1
Omar-S, Psychotic Photosynthesis
Zomby, Expert Tuition
Kode9 and the Spaceape, Sine
Martyn, Mega Drive Generation
Untold, I Can't Stop this Feeling
Ikonika, Please
Marco Bernardi, Mystery of Nazarus (2562 Remix)
Eagle Twin, Murder Of…
Soap&Skin, Spiracle
Klimek, Ruined in a Day – Buenos Aires
James Blackshaw, Bled
Samamidon, Wild Bill Jones

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
vimothy: only in to it a bit but wow, this is really good

edit: all killer, nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

psherburne

hey guys, thanks for the nod.

just a quick note to other readers on the thread, despite it being mentioned on the dubstep thread is no way is it a "dubstep mix." about 1/3 of it is, the rest runs through ambient, techno, folk & metal. the collision of styles is on purpose, as it was intended to be a summary of the entire festival bill. but anyone expecting 90 minutes of wobble might be disappointed. ;)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I listened to about half of the sherburne mix last night and it's fantastic. Looking forward to the second half.

vimothy

yurp
just a quick note to other readers on the thread, despite it being mentioned on the dubstep thread is no way is it a "dubstep mix." about 1/3 of it is, the rest runs through ambient, techno, folk & metal. the collision of styles is on purpose, as it was intended to be a summary of the entire festival bill. but anyone expecting 90 minutes of wobble might be disappointed. ;)

Damn straight.

Mate, 2562 -> Eagle Twin?!?!? Fucking ace. This is the first time in ages I've felt like writing about music, even writing a review...

alex

Do not read this.
out to blackdown on his latest blog post. Made me think back to those days. That Hatcha set is straight d/L'd

still working on getting that KMA rmx by skream btw :(

massrock

You've probably all checked this already but just in case.

Joe Nice Mala Tribute mix.

19. Mala – Adultz Only
20. Mala – Mountain Dread March
21. Mala – Cowboy Dub
22. Mala – Creepah
23. Mala – Jah Power Dub
24. Mala – Pop Pop Epic
25. Mala – Intergalactic Dub
26. Mala – Living Different
27. Mala – Explorer
28. Mala - Unexpected
29. Mala – Maintain Thru Madness
30. Mala – Big Leg Movement
31. Mala – Friday B4
32. Mala – Conference Part II
33. Mala - Sundayz
34. Mala – Bring Sut Unt

http://bassmusicblog.com/joe-nice-mala-tribute

mos dan

fact music
so darkstar are covering the human league then! http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3853&Itemid=26

also i wrote something about hyperdub 5 for the grau which probably won't be news to any of you, though i don't think anyone's posted it http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/oct/22/hyperdub-steve-goodman

future garage forum is interesting.. it must have been over three years ago i remember talking to whistla at various dubstep nights about how sad it was the swing had gone. dubstepforum is more self-parody than ever before it seems. i haven't heard of any of the posters and most of the artists or labels now.

and yep, out to blackdown absolutely. what a list of interviewees and features!

mms

sometimes
I'm just not sure the prefix 'future' is an intelligent move...

just go all in and call it garage.

dunno why this needs a forum though after the failed 2.0 mission of dubstep forum.
best thing to do might have been just to not have a forum.

Meant to comment on this nearer the time - I enjoyed this a lot. The Ayo Technology instrumental is lovely, and I was also impressed by the way you mixed in What's Your Fantasy in a way that sounds good.

Liking this right now. Relentless bass throughout and Dizzee has just made an entrance. Sounds fit to nudge the Switch mix I've been rinsing on my drives out of the player.