drug warning stories

N

nomadologist

But he must be feeling some sort of subjective effect from it - other than merely to stave off the withdrawals, I mean.

And Gek, I've certainly heard about Hitler's IV meth habit, but injections in the eyes? Wouldn't that have sent him blind?
I know he wasn't a well man towards the end of the war, but would he have let anyone do something that crazy to him?

Edit: says here he had cocaine eyedrops - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_Morell#Hitler.27s_physician
Guess the stuff was quite widely used as a topical anaesthetic back in them days.

hell no-once you're "addicted" to anything, you stop feeling it. you have to do it to feel "normal" and it becomes ten times as hard to get "high" or "drunk" or whatever. eventually, you stop being able to get high altogether.

Lichen

I think he was talking about the (presumably Caucasian?) hippies.
Whom I can very easily believe smelled of horse dung. :)

No, the hippies were Chilean. Bruno, please correct me if needs be but I think that post-Pinochet in the early 90's there was a minor countercultural boom in Chile. These smelly dudes and very pretty girls were part of that.

We were in charming beach town called Horcon.

bruno

est malade
a flatmate, it turns out, took datura (i knew it by the name of devil's weed) and apparently what it does is turn reality into a red nightmare, you become a beast and you emerge profoundly damaged, which is not surprising since he is.

I think he was talking about the (presumably Caucasian?) hippies.
Whom I can very easily believe smelled of horse dung. :)
which is why they burn incense :)

Lichen

a flatmate, it turns out, took datura (i knew it by the name of devil's weed) and apparently what it does is turn reality into a red nightmare, you become a beast and you emerge profoundly damaged, which is not surprising since he is.

)

Yes. We are told it was "Yerba del diablo". I seem to have got away without "profound damage". I *think* so anyway.

N

nomadologist

i would never, ever recommend someone try the harsher south american hallucinogens who hasn't first at least tried mushrooms and acid. there's no way you wouldn't come out damaged if you didn't have some kind of experience managing the intensity of the bodily sensations, let alone high-level hallucinations.

if you take enough of any tryptamine, i've found, the world just starts looking like water everywhere.

bruno

est malade
No, the hippies were Chilean. Bruno, please correct me if needs be but I think that post-Pinochet in the early 90's there was a minor countercultural boom in Chile. These smelly dudes and very pretty girls were part of that.

We were in charming beach town called Horcon.
yes, post but also pre pinochet, especially after 1985, when repression dwindled somewhat. obviously post there was more time for pursuits not related to politics, including drugs and so on. horcón is nice!

N

nomadologist

i'm thinking about going to puerto rico because it's 1) cheap, and 2) most of my dealers have houses there i could stay for free.

is south america more fun for drugs than PR? discuss

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
if you take enough of any tryptamine, i've found, the world just starts looking like water everywhere.

primordial soup!!

And don't do any of the 2-CV type ones, they're horrible. Blaaaaaaand.

I read that in the US prescription drugs have overtaken street drugs now as the highs of choice for teens....

vimothy

yurp
Driving down the road in wales, a friend notices a police car following. In Wales, the police are on top, so this chap gets the wad of probably fifty or so tabs of acid wrapped in clingfilm out of his pocket and sticks it up his arse. The police stop the car and search both passengers, find nothing and let them go. They drive off. A bit later this guy pulls over to get the acid out of his arse, has a feel around and finds.... a bit of minging clingfilm and a few tabs.

Good night, Llandudno

N

nomadologist

primordial soup!!

And don't do any of the 2-CV type ones, they're horrible. Blaaaaaaand.

I read that in the US prescription drugs have overtaken street drugs now as the highs of choice for teens....

def--in my college, we used the campus apple server to "BC" out scripts of all kinds. around finals time adderall would go for waay over $1/mg

vimothy

yurp
After taking DMT, this occured to me:

Salvia - I didn't know I was tripping (hence the terror)

DMT - I wasn't tripping (ditto)

N

nomadologist

That's the one thing I haven't tried yet that I really want to.

don't buy what they call "red rock". only get it if it's black/brown and sticky in a little ball. don't buy it if it's in a little wax jewelry baggy with a stamped picture or name on it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Mushrooms - it's not that I've just gone mad, it's that I've always been mad, but have only just realised it. :eek:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
don't buy what they call "red rock". only get it if it's black/brown and sticky in a little ball. don't buy it if it's in a little wax jewelry baggy with a stamped picture or name on it.

Yeah, I've heard of that stuff, it's basically just incense, isn't it?