drug warning stories

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Newsnight last night (or the night before, can't remember) was pissing me right off. All these me-too-me-too MPs falling over themselves to 'confess' to having used cannabis 'once or twice' (wonder how many of them are making it up for street cred purposes?), but at the same time coming out with the tired old "cannabis used to be harmless but today it's worse than heroin" bullshit. Which, incidentally, is the line now taken by that august organ, the Independent. Of course, no-one actually bothered to point out that a) weed is in fact about twice as strong as it used to be, and b) its increasing strength is a direct consequence of its illegality.

What I'd really like to see is some MP or other 'respectable' public figure say "Actually I've never touched the stuff myself, but all the evidence seems to suggest it's highly enjoyable and essentially harmless if used responsibly, and that countries with a more mature approach to drugs generally have much less of a drugs problem than we do". But I won't hold my breath (or, indeed, inhale...)

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

this makes england VERY different from the US then...

here, EVERYONE wants high grade and i know alot of people who won't even touch weed w/ seeds in it...

all the guys i work w/ roll blunts from 20 bags... an expensive habit... one or two blunts for 20 dollars...

everything here is stronger and cheaper. my boyfriend sister pays 100 english pounds for a gram of "coke" that i would probably flush down the toilet. the heroin is so strong in parts of brooklyn one doctor told me he's seen people doing dime bags that are twice the lethal dose for a straight person.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
everything here is stronger and cheaper.
Except ecstasy! Pills in Britain are loads stronger, and around £3 each rather than $25 or whatever it is you pay over there. Oh, and...
my boyfriend sister pays 100 english pounds for a gram of "coke" that i would probably flush down the toilet.
£100??? £40-50 is the going rate, that's extortionate.

But let's not get into a 'my drugs are better than your drugs' argument...

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

Except ecstasy! Pills in Britain are loads stronger, and around £3 each rather than $25 or whatever it is you pay over there. Oh, and...

£100??? £40-50 is the going rate, that's extortionate.

But let's not get into a 'my drugs are better than your drugs' argument...

yeah here it's $50 at the most

maybe she is getting ripped off?

i GUARANTEE given the open trade routes and the overwhelmingly hispanic population, that nyc has much stronger coke than anywhere in europe. that's not about "mine" or "yours", it's just the truth (LA has even better, under these circumstances, as do a lot of southern cities)

N

nomadologist

wait--maybe she said $100 not 100 pounds. i bet that's whatit was

Lichen

nomadologist;96704i GUARANTEE given the open trade routes and the overwhelmingly hispanic population said:
Yes. I felt like an Inca g;) d on that Greenwich rooftop fifteen years ago.

zhao

there are no accidents
the boy who did hard drugs and ended up, between the hours of 3 and 4:30 AM, having a most incredible sexual experience in a children's playground in the middle of a giant park in Ljubijana, Slovenia, last week (the drugs may or may not having had positive effects on his stamina).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
IVE DONE MORE DRUGS THAN YOU!!!11
BET YOU HAVENT, LOL!!!1
:slanted:

Aaaanyway, did anyone hear something quite funny in the news a few weeks ago - there's this little backwater town in Spain where nothing much ever happens and some EU water quality survey that was performed on the town's drain water revealed an *average* cocaine use of "97 lines per person per year".
Everyone in the town thinks it's hilarious, as it's blatantly untrue. I think it's near the north coast where lots of smugglers come in from South America (via the Carribean and west Africa), so some guys carrying a cargo of drugs must have got spooked by police or coastguards and dumped it in the river.

Edit: here... http://www.guardian.co.uk/spain/article/0,,2114648,00.html

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

IVE DONE MORE DRUGS THAN YOU!!!11
BET YOU HAVENT, LOL!!!1
:slanted:

Aaaanyway, did anyone hear something quite funny in the news a few weeks ago - there's this little backwater town in Spain where nothing much ever happens and some EU water quality survey that was performed on the town's drain water revealed an *average* cocaine use of "97 lines per person per year".
Everyone in the town thinks it's hilarious, as it's blatantly untrue. I think it's near the north coast where lots of smugglers come in from South America (via the Carribean and west Africa), so some guys carrying a cargo of drugs must have got spooked by police or coastguards and dumped it in the river.

i like dissensus because i know all of you could give me a run for my money.

that backwater town was in Italy, actually. The amount of coke in the sewage didn't add up to 97 lines *per person* necessarily--it is probably more the case that there is a smaller group of habitual users--but that was one interesting way to represent the data in a shocking manner.

at least, when i read about it, it was a town on the Po...

N

nomadologist

did you know that there's paxil in the groundwater in the U.K.? at least that's what paul nurse told me

N

nomadologist

the boy who did hard drugs and ended up, between the hours of 3 and 4:30 AM, having a most incredible sexual experience in a children's playground in the middle of a giant park in Ljubijana, Slovenia, last week (the drugs may or may not having had positive effects on his stamina).

zhao, you animal!;)

is slovenia fun otherwise?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nah, this specific town was in Spain. There might have been somewhere in Italy where something similar happened, I don't know.

Apparently one of the main pollutants in Puget Sound is caffeine, from the sheer amount of coffee Seattleites drink. :rolleyes:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
ha exactly. complete with the range of people whose parents made them come and closet gutter cases

lol, I ended up at an N.A. meeting out of curiosity in SF when I was about 17 and then we all ended up watching Star Trek back at this guy's house and I was like 'I found a cult! Hurrah!'.

cowler

Banned
Hi nomadologist, I’ve met people like you, you’re the kind of person who comes across as strong and admirable at first glance, but after a while one realises it’s mostly just whingeing. It’s clever, making things that are mostly your own doing (drug addiction, etc.) seem like tragic experiences life has thrown at you and that you’ve overcome through sheer strength of will. And then broadcasting it as often as possible.