drug warning stories

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Hi nomadologist, I’ve met people like you, you’re the kind of person who comes across as strong and admirable at first glance, but after a while one realises it’s mostly just whingeing. It’s clever, making things that are mostly your own doing (drug addiction, etc.) seem like tragic experiences life has thrown at you and that you’ve overcome through sheer strength of will. And then broadcasting it as often as possible.

Whoo boy are YOU gonna get it when nomad logs in next.

N

nomadologist

Huh?? When did I ever say anything about my drug problems being caused by anyone but myself?

Most of the more regrettable things that happened to me before I ever used drugs had very little to do with drugs.

This was a thread celebrating drugs, from what I can tell, and poking fun at legends.

I'm afraid you don't know very much about me at all, save a few ridiculous stories I've told, and I'm not really interested in your reading of me.

N

nomadologist

Cowler, I've met people like you, you come across as petty and boring at first, but then once you get past that, it's mostly just stabbing in the dark. You take a few posts on a message board that a complete stranger wrote, take them somehow to heart, then take it upon yourself to bestow that person with your infinite (unsolicited) wisdom about life. Broadcasting it, as if anyone asked or cared.

N

nomadologist

I'm supposed to care? (i've heard worse and come through ok, i'm sure i'll make it this time)

cowler

Banned
Hi Nomadologist!

That’s three vehement responses from someone who professes not to care what people think of her. Yes, I’m obviously “boring” you.

Calm down, take a few deep breaths and read my post again, and you will realise that your first response doesn’t make much sense. That is, if you care and don’t have “more important things to worry about”.

And thanks for your analysis of me, but it doesn’t mean much, does it, since you know nothing about me. Whereas I know a fair bit about you, since you make sure we all hear about your hard life every chance you get.

Why don’t you tell us about the worse things people have told you and that you have so bravely come through?

Hm… OK, look, you’re right, it isn’t fair to pick on damaged goods... Hug?

Your pal,

cowler

N

nomadologist

Someone here clearly has more problems than I do...

My life is actually pretty easy right now, all things considered. I make a ton of money, I have a lot of friends, I live in a fun city. No complaints here. Until my student loan repayment starts.

N

nomadologist

(you guys, I'm getting fan mail! that's how you know you've made it in *INTERNET* a lone tear rolls down my cheek)

N

nomadologist

come on, cowler. it takes you way too long to reply!

i want to hear more about *me* and why you're so preoccupied with all things nomadologist.

i'm flattered.

N

nomadologist

in the time it takes you to write one post deriding me, i could write dozens! you'll have to do better than this.

N

nomadologist

and...i can feel...it's almost here...keep trying...think hard...look back at old posts...

cowler

Banned
Hi again Nomadologist!

Sorry I can't up with your posting frenzy. Little did I know what I would unleash! But I’m glad you’re making a ton of money and are happy. That’s what I like to hear! Wish I was, but I’ve got all these problems, as you know. How clever of you to appeal to “you guys” instead of addressing me directly – recourse of the insecure 'popular' high-school girl. Yeah the *INTERNET*. How lame!

N

nomadologist

Yeah, too bad! I love reading about me.

Do go on.

(When I said "you guys" I meant the rest of the dissensus posters who are reading! Not you! Don't get too narcissitic on me, Wise One! ;)

cowler

Banned
(When I said "you guys" I meant the rest of the dissensus posters who are reading! Not you! Don't get too narcissitic on me, Wise One! ;)

Yes, I know. Perhaps you shoudn't respond so quickly and take a little time to actually read my posts. You're typing so eagerly that you're forgetting how to spell. And I wouldn't accuse anyone else of narcissism if I were you.

Smooches!

N

nomadologist

i'm on a conference call, so excuse typos

anymore advice for me?

cowler

Banned
Oh no, I wouldn't want to interfere with all the money I'm sure you "have on the line". I'm just wondering when you're actually going to respond directly to my original comment instead of getting defensive. I didn't really expect (or want) you to, but now that you seem so interested...