ch 4 yoof presenters

mms

sometimes
can anyone explain the current trend for having coke numbed vacant patronizing presenters doing all the youth telly on ch 4 at the moment, the people who do more 4 are vile, but the real horror is peaches geldof, who seems to have absolutely no empathy with anyone whatsover and seems to be so bored it's almost a cry for help.
isn't it weird trend when richard baker was punished so badly but these kids entire schtik is imitating a cokehead.

swears

preppy-kei
Look at these empty, sick, shallow bastards. As opposed to kind-hearted, intelligent, empathetic, strong, loving and righteous people like me.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
can anyone explain the current trend for having coke numbed vacant patronizing presenters doing all the youth telly on ch 4 at the moment, the people who do more 4 are vile, but the real horror is peaches geldof, who seems to have absolutely no empathy with anyone whatsover and seems to be so bored it's almost a cry for help.
isn't it weird trend when richard baker was punished so badly but these kids entire schtik is imitating a cokehead.

I met some people who produce one of those early morning shows recently, and while they were essentially, y'know, nice, well meaning etc, they were SO loud - like you see on telly - and so mean and so rude about everyone, I was really shocked. TV people have always been dumb shits, but it was the nastiness - about everyone they work with, about their guests, everyone, nastiness passing as humour, which I found really shocking, but I guess that's just what it's like in TV-land nowadays. So if the producers of the shows have that in them, it's no wonder their presenters aren't great.

I also think there's a limited amount of people in the gene pool in TV, y'know?

swears

preppy-kei
Mikita Oliver is quite cool and funny, but TV presenters in general are annoying. That's why I've hardly watched any telly since I was a kid, there's a million better things to do.

worrior

I met one of the producers of T4's Pop World few months back. Was alarmed/reassured at what a walking parody he was. Regular trips to the bar loo on a Tues night, ironic moustache, ubertrendy hat, name-drops. It must take serious amounts of coke to think Alexa Chung is a good TV presenter.
Simon Anstell was funny but he had the sense to get out.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I met one of the producers of T4's Pop World few months back. Was alarmed/reassured at what a walking parody he was. Regular trips to the bar loo on a Tues night, ironic moustache, ubertrendy hat, name-drops. It must take serious amounts of coke to think Alexa Chung is a good TV presenter.

I couldn't believe how funny Amstell was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, he took a long running show and owned it, bit of a talent that one. Still drinks in the Groucho, mind.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I just can't quite believe he's old enough to be in a bar in the first place.
First time I saw him on NMTB I thought "Why have they let a 16-year-old present thr show?". But he's actually pretty funny, probably more so than Lamarr.

mms

sometimes

yep simon anstell is funny, mikita oliver isn't funny or good, her schtick is just to be sarcastic in a way that just suggests she really thinks it's all just a hobby and someone is forcing her to do it.
alexa chung is clearly gorgeous, but shes a less bright version of mikita oliver.
but why not be enthusiastic and enjoy the stuff you do instead of constantly smirking at your guests etc..

peaches geldof who i saw last night on the telly is the worst though, a completely unlikable patronizing girl, like a public school educated scarface extra.

worrior

yep simon anstell is funny, mikita oliver isn't funny or good, her schtick is just to be sarcastic in a way that just suggests she really thinks it's all just a hobby and someone is forcing her to do it.

but why not be enthusiastic and enjoy the stuff you do instead of constantly smirking at your guests etc..

In a way I reckon Simon Amstell is to blame. People like Miquita Oliver have obviously tried to copy his take-the-piss-schtick but without the knowingness or wit.

Why can't she be like more like her mum, Andrea Oliver, who always seems very charming and genuine on telly?

alexa chung is clearly gorgeous, but shes a less bright version of mikita oliver.

Yeah a friend really rates her but for me she's as wet as a fish.

swears

preppy-kei
Were things really any better in the past though? I always remember presenters like Andy Crane or Terry Christian as being tedious inconveniences I had to sit through while waiting to see a cartoon. Like when you listen to the radio and you wish they'd play a song rather than waffle for hours.

mos dan

fact music
i saw simon amstell do stand-up once, he was pretty funny. it was mostly about being jewish and gay.

away from t4 on 'the grown-up bit' of channel four (ha!), the other day i accidentally flicked on to that west-country beardy twat AND alan carr co-presenting the friday night project. probably my two least favourite people ever in the same place.. (i'm tempted to go off on a charlie brooker style expletive spree here but won't).

Noah Baby Food

Bunch of self-satisfied smug ironic cunts. I fucking hate Lauren Laverne as well, fucking smart-arse. Simon Amstell is well funny. Don't mind the Cornish fucker and the gay with scary teeth.

Bring back old-school, professional, slick presenters, not this bunch of dead-souled pricks. I hope they have some real suffering in their lives, like a terminal illness, loss of loved ones, violent bereavement etc!

mms

sometimes
Bunch of self-satisfied smug ironic cunts. I fucking hate Lauren Laverne as well, fucking smart-arse. Simon Amstell is well funny. Don't mind the Cornish fucker and the gay with scary teeth.

hes not Cornish he's from bristol, that's 3 counties away from Cornwall, and a very different accent.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
peaches geldof who i saw last night on the telly is the worst though, a completely unlikable patronizing girl, like a public school educated scarface extra.

I think she's cute.

Also, any bad qualities she has can't even hold a candle to her Dad, a.k.a. King Wanker of Cock Mountain.